Why not horns?

I've owned a lot of speakers over the years but I have never experienced anything like the midrange reproduction from my horns. With a frequency response of 300 Hz. up to 14 Khz. from a single distortionless driver, it seems like a no-brainer that everyone would want this performance. Why don't you use horns?
macrojack
Those are very nice looking horns and seemingly not overly large either. Not cheap but not as expensive as some I have seen.

I wonder how they sound?

Too much for my budget currently though.

BTW I am dabbling with setting up a third mostly A/V system in my house. I have an old NAD 7020 receiver that I keep as a spare available to use and may consider the Klipsch horn route that I have been dabbling with here in that I have some room for decent but not overly large floorstanders that will be placed not too far from the rear wall in this case. I may start out by using my existing souped up OHM Ls here to start, but floorstanders would really fit in visually here better.
Mapman - Those horns, with their enormous dynamics and high efficiency, are the best you will find for home theater purposes. I would say that you, more than anyone else who has responded to this thread, are a great candidate for this product. Bill's AH 300 is one of the few options out there that can equal the Walsh mid range. Manger and QUAD are the others. None of them have the power of horns, however, and no other horn I've heard has the transparency of the AH 300.
My analog system is as follows:
Allnic 300b SET 12.5w amp
Allnic L-1500 line stage
Allnic H1500 phono
Restored Garrad 401w/SME 312S and Koetsu Urishi Gold MC
RL Acoustic Lamhorn 1.8 speakers with AER MK II FRD's

I love the 300b and the super efficient 104dB horns. The Lamhorns are a 1.8 meter folded horn design hence the name. They really fill the room with extremely spacious detailed sound. The bass is tight and uncolored to my ears. I do think my horns are best suited to low power tubes, their max power is 100 w. I have a digital system in my HT that has Classe CAM-400's and Martin Logan Summitt X Both systems are detailed. I prefer the horns for most music

My music preferences are female vocals, acoustic, jazz, and blues with some classic rock thrown in. Not a lot of really deep bass so horns might not be great on a fugue but for my taste they work beautifully.
There is an in depth review of the Lamhorn's with good info on horns at the following link http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/lamhorn/18.html

I know some horn designs are large, but the Lamhorns are not. The 1.8 cabinets are 50" high, 12.5" wide and 16.5" deep at the base. This is an advantage of the folded horn. Anyway I love them, if your interested follow the link.
FYI I HAVE NEVER HEARD, AND I HAVE HEARD MANY, CONICAL HORNS THAT DON'T "MEGAPHONE" VOCALS WITH A CONVENTIONAL PERMANENT MAGNET COMPRESSION DRIVER. I HAVE SINCE NOT FOUND A QUALITY BUILT CONICAL HORN THAT "MEGAPHONES" WITH A QUALITY FIELD COIL COMPRESSION DRIVER
JW5115