Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
That brown doesn't look bad at all and I suspect my wife would have liked that better than the cosmic carbon.

I've got the same problem you appear to with a part of the sofa blocking a part of a speaker... I don't hear an obvious imbalance, but it drives me nuts knowing the interaction isn't ideal.

How does that Yamammoto drive your Souls? I've still gotta hear my Firstwatt with JFET update, but my limited experience tells me these speakers love tubes.
So, madmilkman you are the guy with the brown soul. Thanks for the pics. Now we need a full report on how they sound and what that yammy is doing for them.
Good to see more pictures but what's up with you people? You scared to go round the back or something? :)

Suspect there will be quite a few of us who recognise real world rooms like that. Good to see and, yes, actually the brown looks good.

My maple is wood rather than gloss or matte after much domestic negotiation. She's convinced it will look like the (supposedly maple) fireplace. I'm convinced it will look like the copper beech Hutter Racktime.

I shall post pictures and sound reports when the speakers arrive, however, I long ago abandoned any pretence at real photography when I acquired an iPhone. I suppose I could be sad; film it with the Flip HD and take some stills off of that.

Mike
Hey Zanon, madmilkman has posted pics of the soul with the designer/builders own 2 watt "yamplifier" Do you know something he doesn't? When are you getting your souls?
Venicelake:

When I listen to my audio system I have very specific ideas about where it performs to my satisfaction and where it does not perform. I know what I like and do not like about my sound very clearly, and I also have clear ideas about what I want as next step. In general, I do not like trying any new component without knowing first what I want component to do. Then I can judge by "am I closer or far?"

In my system, the problems I hear with midbass and upperbass have little to do with Zu Druid and mostly to do with room. The problem I hear in tone up and down again have little to do with Druid and mostly to do with amplifier (I think).

Therefore, my next investment will be focused on those two areas. Not on changing druid.

Still, I am intersted to hear about Soul and very much want opportunity to listen to it. Maybe I can convince friend to buy it.