WLM Diva Monitor -- Personal Experience?

I am considering purchasing the WLM Diva Monitors, but unfortunately there are no distributors in New York City. (i) Has anyone purchased them, and if so, what are your thoughts? (ii) Does anyone in the New York Area own them? I would love to be able to demo them.
northern3light
Northern3light,

I have the WLM Divas (floor standers) and power them with a Cary 120S tube amp and the results are a fast, crisp sound that is absolutely stunning. The 97db efficiency really mates well with the tube amp.
No experience with different stands. Mine are the Diva Stand 1 Exclusives that are pictured with different spikes on the website. I advice to fill them with sand (3/4 up only, I had a definite feeling the sound became sluggish when filled entirely).

As to the amp, I happen to be an “old” Luxman fan myself (the L-410 was a long time companion) and without having heard any combination with WLM speakers, I guess they should match wonderfully (audition if you can, if it were only for the fun of having the Lux a few days in your system). Apart from the tone controls, you may find the integrated phono pre a real treat. Then again, I have to echo Markus’s words, the Divas love tubes. Remember also they come with treble control and then there is the optional Diva Control for the bass. Sorry for adding more complexity to the overall equation there!
You did just that -- threw some confusion in there! The Luxman 550A-II (20 class A watts/channel) is the only SS amp that I'm considering. For tubes, I was actually thinking about a WLM product (the WLM Minuetta), or the Almarro A318B. Any other integrated (i.e., cheaper than separates) tube reccos?

Thanks much.

-Vin
Sorry Vin. Anyway, at this point I most surely won't make it any more difficult since you already have Almarro and the new WLM amps on your short list. Imho, no need to look any further! I have heard amps of both manufacturers with various WLM speakers. Both offer terrific value! They are superb in respect of sonics, build quality AND are symbiotic with WLM speakers, crème de la crème, nothing less.
This is as exciting as if I were reconfiguring my own system; I personally would go for the A318B but that is probably because I have this "thing" about NOS tubes, so these old Soviet 6C33C's really float my boat. Would you have a possibility to demo both?
Karel
Karel,

Unfortunately, the WLM dealer only sells the WLM Minueta. So a comparison really wouldn't be possible. This is really all going on faith. I like faith just fine, but it's not always ideal when it comes to music. As an fyi, I'm also considering the 'new' Shindo integrated (the "apetite"). So, the candidates are: Luxman 550 (ss), WLM minuetta, Shindo apetite, or Leben 330X.

Factors are: compliment to the WLMs, convenience (tone controls, remote), and looks (the visual aesthetic affects my listening aesthetic).

I'll let me know what I decide. For now, I may just hang on to my Cayin and defer the new integrated (as the WLMs aren't cheap, and I'm young).

-Vin