Need a speaker for the blues lover...

Hey 'Goners. Currently shopping speakers and am in a quandry of sorts. My listening taste leans towards electric blues followed by classic rock (Tull, Moody Blues etc.), guitar oriented jazz then a smattering of country (Johhny Cash, Willie)or easy listening stuff. I am considering Klipsch RF-52 II, Magnepan MMG or perhaps the new ZU Omen. My budget is up to 1k, but less is ok too as is used. I know the Klipsch and MMG's are 2 different animals but I like the sound of both for different reasons. I have a studio apartment approx. 25'x30'. Amp is a McIntosh MA6200 with a Marantz universal player. Listening area is about 11' feet from the speaker plane. Ideas and thoughts most appreciated.
Beernut
128x128beernut
I listen to the same music. Try out some Verity speakers like the Parsifal Ovations you will be very happy.
I listen to a lot electric blues music and my speakers are Zu Druid. They portrait the electric guitars in a marvelous way.

Daniel
I have heard many positives about the Druid. I had my eye on the new Omen selling for $999.00 if you order today, hmm..
Hello,

One piece of advise I would have is find something you like with softdome tweeter. I might get jumped on for this but I listen to very similar music and went from Klipsch Heresy to the metal Paradigm Signature S4 tweeter and ultimately to the Proac D Two. I loved the snappiness of the Klipsch and the midrange of the Paradigm but eventually the tweeters got to me. I have had the Proacs now for a couple years and I just love them. Than being said I am in a small room and horns tend to do very well in larger rooms. I had the chance to listen to a pair of Cornwalls last week in a bigger room and loved em. If you stick with Klipsch I would consider the Heresy. It's really a heck of a speaker and a person can pick up a pair used, in mint shape for under a grand. Add a small tube amp and it might tame the horns down nicely. It sure worked on the Cornwalls.

Good Luck,