The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
I like the sound of the Sony s9000es an awful lot and the old Cal Audio DX-1 sounds like vinyl to me. But neither play CD-R so I'm in the market for something newer. I'm currently looking at a Teac H600 and wondering why this player gets rave reviews but no mention here.

I will have to purchase the Teac without listening. Anyone here heard one and care to offer an opinion?
I recently replaced an Ayre CX-7 with an Oppo 105-considering it plays multi-formats it must be a consideration for the title in this thread.

It is a very good CD player.
North Star Design-Sapphire. No longer in production but I assume $1k could get you a near mint one. The Sapphire just gets out of the way of the music. If you want a new player look into several Audio Analogue models or even the Chinese made Lite Audio CD 22.
I have been living with an Aesthetix Romulus valve cd player for a while now & have to say i'm blown away by how good this player sounds at the price. I haven't heard other players with big claims at this price point (eg: EAR Acute 3), but th Romulus sounds natural, open, analogue & musical, especially with Jorma Prime cables. There is a touch of warmth and sweetness which serves instruments and jazz very well. I'm impressed!
i have a vincent cd-s7 dac which is the best player i have heard in my system, and based on what i have heard at shows, it would probably be my favorite player at any price. it retails at $3000.