Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne? Just saw this pic from CES 2011.

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-acoustics-mmmicroone.html

Any thoughts on this one?
rhohense
Yikes, what could possibly be the problems associated with bringing this simple, but overachieving transducer, to market? It has been extensively heralded by all of those remotely associated with this unique traveling pair. Maybe M, the transducer dudes, put a simple bump or two in the road...who knows?

Just a question; I thought I read that they were being shipped this time last year.

I remember reading that these micros were being favorably compared to various versions of the the M's, sort of like a Mini-me or simply a want-to-be-me... knows, the Shadow?

Is the bottleneck related to lightening only striking once, or maybe, it is possibly a shipping issue?

Just a few questions...anyone in the "know" care to share? BTW, have any of the early adopters, patiently waiting in line, have been able to extricate themselves without too many hurdles?
I just couldn't resist throwing a wrench into this discussion of a several thousand dollar front end driving a lower price speaker to make it sound better than it would with lesser priced electronics and in a sense accusing Evolution Acoustics of tricking buyers! I have always agreed with Laura Dearborn in her book "Good Sound" that everything starts with the source and works down stream and nothing along the way can improve the signal; that speakers only sound as good as what's driving them! Here's the wrench; after listening to the MicroMM1's at shows and always loving them, I sold my MAXX 2's and my JRDG Mono 9tiHC amps to take a chance on a pair of Evolution Acoustics MM2's. Went cold turkey without music since before Turkey Day. So here come my MM2's. I set them up yesterday and since I didn't have a new amp yet I connected a $100 Sony AV Receicer along with a $60 Sony DVD player, zip wire to the speakers and everything plugged into the wall (not my dedicated lines) and without any filtering. Since this speaker is 375lbs/side I had a couple fellow audiophiles over. We decided to listen to this embarrassingly low fi set up on this very over matched set of speakers! For all you doubters trashing Jonathan Tinn and Evolution Acoustics for stacking the deck with the best of best electronics I am here to tell you that this speaker out of the box with this cheap set of electronics was mind boggling! My friends and I laughed how engaging the sound was--huge sound stage left to right and front to back with unbelievable detail and musicality. These speakers are special and I cannot wait for the break in period to pass to truly enjoyed the capabilities of this amazing speaker. With the adjustability of the tweeter and bass unit I am convinced I will have the best speaker I have ever owned and will have it custom tuned to my listening. My final comment is a great speaker can still show it's greatness and potential with lesser quality electronics, but of course will sound that much better with electronics of equal or better quality! Stop with the bashing already! I was told this will be the last speaker I will want to own and so far I think that comment is on the money! I can only see myself adding the additional bass units and making MM3's.
Hifimaniac, I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to hear these speakers with other electronics. They sounded great at THE Show in 2011. I fully understand why they have been long in reaching market as this is not uncommon. I look forward to hearing production versions of these very promising speakers.
JTinn-- one deep question:

Do any of your speakers come in black?

All I see is that same exact wood finish on every picture of every model Evo I've ever seen.

Black would be so sleek what with the silvery drivers and all...

Just my Manhattan metrosexual two cents.