tweaking cross over speaker

I would like to know if someone have experience whit upgrading inductor and capacitor in a speaker crossover.

My objective is to keep the SAME value but install better quality capacitor and higher gauge for inductor.
128x128thenis
I had a local awesome Tech upgrade my old Celestion Ditton 442's for maybe 200-300 bucks and it did wonders. Granted they were from the late 70's early 80's but still. Hey used the same caps in my Conrad Johnson MF200 (There black/really dark red i forget the name). He also installed a fuse which would blow before my tweeter, sonicly I dont if this will degrade the sound but I cranked those up high and just blew fuses intead of tweeters. Screw sonicly they were awesome when i got them back, they were awesome when I handed them off, They just had a far better presentation, smoother midrange and highs, and were jost overall more listenable and we never agreed on which cable to use so he kept the stock one. I think if you make the right choice youll be very happy. Talk to a good local tech or speaker manufacturer and ask there advice and possibly offer them the job would be my best advice.

Actually Im pretty certain the fuse was already there. But you could have it put in possibly
Installing larger gauge inductors will lower the DC resistance of them. Series resistance in the inductors are part of any serious crossovers design, so changing it is not recommended.

Peter