B&W 802 Diamond Stands

I recently purchased a pair of the B&W Diamond 802's. I am extremely pleased with the speakers and when I listen in nearfield (7' away and 6'5" spacing between the speakers) they do great in my 16 x 14 x 10 room. However, if I widen the distance between the speakers a bit and move the chair back a few more feet I get a more expansive and coherant presentation, but some occasional bass overload.

So I am wondering if the supplied tip-toes will make a material difference or some stands (Sound Anchors) will help the overload at all. Room treatments really aren't an option given that the room's walls and corners are pretty well covered and/or filled up.
okonrad
I put my 801N many many years ago on Sound Anchors. Helped a lot. I have a listening position about 12 feet away in a fairly large room. Bass did free up from the floor. This is the 801s though. Not the 802s.
I have an order in for some Sound Anchors and some Herbie tiptoe footers.

Classe CT-600's are incoming too. So stay tuned :)
How do the 802 Diamonds sound in comparison to the Piegas? My friend has C3LTDs which sound great, and I've always liked the 802 series...
The C3Ltds were first and foremost transparent and revealing. Well recorded music sounded tremendous played through those speakers. Poorly recorded, sounded obviously bad. On those recordings that were well recorded (largely jazz and other kinds of acoustic music) the midrange and treble had an uncanny bloom. What the Piega's lacked was dynamics in the bass region. The bass went fairly low and was musical, but it always lacked the slam and presence that I look for when I listen to certain kinds of recorded music. For that reason, while I tried very hard to enjoy music played through these speakers, I always felt like a material element of the picture was missing.

With respect to the B&W's while they are very revealing, the way they have been voiced results in a more forgiving result when you play something recorded in less than ideal circumstances. The speaker is very dynamic from the bass to the treble. The treble particularly is gorgeous. Imaging when it's present in the recording is fully reproduced. Bass slam when it's in the recording is all there. The midrange might give something up to the Piega's in the presence but not by much. Overall I am very pleased with the change. I wouldn't necessarily call it an upgrade, but I feel like I am getting a better view of the whole picture. I am very satisfied.