Electrocompaniet EMC-1 24/192...Where to from here

I am looking to hear from previous owners/users of this CDP only.

I currently have this CDP and am still very happy with it. I was actually considering upgrading/modding it, until Electro recently closed the doors. Though it is a great player, I can't see putting money into a machine that cannot be backed 100% with support & parts, by the original manufacturer.

Looking to keep a one box CDP, what have you previous owners of the EMC-1 moved on to?

Please tell me what you switched to, why you switched and changes/improvements that you noticed in comparrison to the Electro CDP.

Thanks!
barrelchief
Barrelchief, I owned an unmodified EMC 1-UP SE, which I later had modified. I would suggest leaving the player unmodified and buying a different player if you wish for better performance. I went to the APL Denon3910.

E-mail me if you have any questions.
Hi Barrelchief,

I think at this point the differences are subtle. I had a emc-1 and it was an excellent performer. I wouldn't worry about it. I bought a modified exemplar dvd player. The reason was due to simplifying, and also i needed video.
Check out electrocompaniets web site...there is a press release...the company is under new ownership and already has new products in the works...no problems with repairs either as it reads.
I owned an EMC-1UP for about two years and really enjoyed it and it worked perfectly. I had some extra funds and since my system only had one source I decided to sell my VK50SE preamp and EMC and try the direct route. I purchased the Audio Aero Capitol 2 and could not be happier. The sound is much more liquid, very analog sounding which is what I was looking for. I think the Capitol is a much better sounding player in my system, but it also costs more. I also had the Wadia 861 in the system as well and although the Wadia was good---great detail, I thought once again the capitol had a more analog sound and a much better sound stage.
I had a EMC 1up-se for a short while and did like it.
I thought about doing some modding but decided even though someone else picked up the company its not the same and didn't want to take the chance.
I decided to go with the Naim CDX2 which doesn't need modding to sound better.I'm happy.