5 legendary speakers?

I have recently read Ken Kessler's old but still wonderful review of Sonus Faber Extremas. He ends the review by saying that "It is one of a handful of loudspeakers which qualify as legends."

I own a pair of Extremas, and I agree with Kessler's statement. Now, I am curious to know what other audiophiles consider "legendary speakers" based on their own experience. I would define legendary speakers as ones that are path breaking, that redefined the frontier of sound quality that is affordable by the average audiophile (I know, it's a vague definition). Let me give my list of 5 legendary speakers. These are all old speakers I would live with today.

1. Quad ESL 57
2. Klipsch K-Horn
3. Thiel CS5i
4. Sonus Faber Extrema
5. Sonus Faber Amati
ggavetti
06-06-11: Thesoundhouse
1) Apogee Full Range
2) Apogee Duetta Signature
3) Magico Mini II
4) Avalon Eidalon Diamonds
5) Magneplanar 1.7s

These are 5 speakers that have never failed impress when set up for my clients.

What they do they do extremely right.
does anyone here consider the Apogee Scintilla to be a "legendary" speaker??
Interesting.

My list would look like this, (in no particular order):

1) Apogee Diva
2) Quad ESL 57
3) Avalon Eidolon
4) B&W 801
5) Rockport Antares

My list does not necessarily list the best of the best, but merely speakers that I have heard that made me sit up and take notice that they were the best in their class at the time.

My two cents worth.
RL, your post of April 1 was somehow delayed. Of the ones I actually own or have had:

Quad 57/63
Spendor BC 1/SP 1
B&W DM 70/801
Duetta Signatures
Nelson Reed 804s
Lets not forget the good old Dynaco A25. There was a time when this speaker brought you so much music that no other brand really mattered. Personally, I think the KLH 17 was right up there with it and maybe even better at less than $200.00 a pair!