Zu Druid MK IVs vs. Essences

I'm trying to decide between these two speakers and, after reading lots of reviews and impressions on-line, I'm more confused than ever. I'd like to hear what differences Audiogoners have experienced between the two. Of course, I'm not looking for the final word, or consensus - just folks' subjective impressions.

I won't get to audition either speakers, because I'm in northwest Wisconsin and a bit isolated. But I've bought a fair number of speakers without hearing them, so that doesn't worry me. I like revealing speakers that are a bit upfront and I'd rather have scintillating highs and great mids than thundering bass. I even like a little thin-ness in the bass.

Thanks in advance for any impressions you can offer.
128x128klein_rogge
Thanks, all. This has been very helpful. I'm going to hold off on buying Druids or Essences. If I do go for a Zu speaker, it will probably be a Soul Superfly or an original Soul. $999 is a nice price, I have to say.

But, based on these comments, I'm rethinking Zu. I really like revealing, detailed speakers, no matter what type of music I'm listening to. I mainly listen to soul, funk, reggae, jazz, rap, afro-beat, and Latin jazz and soul. I'll probably start researching some other brands. I've had a pair of Reference 3a DeCapo MMi's in a low-powered second system for the past two years, and they're my reference speaker right now. But that system is in a little 8 x 10 room. I don't even use a subwoofer, and the 3a's still sound wonderful. But in my large listening room they get lost.

If anyone can recommend a larger speaker that's as revealing and detailed as the Reference 3a's I'd love to hear about it.
Klein,
Morganc says the Omen/Superflys have apparently more detail than the earlier Zu Druids/Essence models.

What amplifier? Price range?

Other options, Tekton,Tonian Lab, Coincident,Sonist. These are examples of high efficiency speakers with detail,especially the Coincident and Tonian Lab models.
maybe look into Audio Note speakers, crystal clear and easy to drive, also, if you buy the model E, they are nearly full range.

enjoy!
I used to own the Essence. I liked them and agree with above posts. Great for classical and jazz (which is my preference anyway). I foolishly sold them, but after a few other pairs I got lucky and currently have a pair which in my opinion outperform the Zu's: the Omega MaxHemp V2. They come up for sale once in a while. I got this pair with the older Hemp drivers for not much more than what your looking at.