Zu Druid MK IVs vs. Essences

I'm trying to decide between these two speakers and, after reading lots of reviews and impressions on-line, I'm more confused than ever. I'd like to hear what differences Audiogoners have experienced between the two. Of course, I'm not looking for the final word, or consensus - just folks' subjective impressions.

I won't get to audition either speakers, because I'm in northwest Wisconsin and a bit isolated. But I've bought a fair number of speakers without hearing them, so that doesn't worry me. I like revealing speakers that are a bit upfront and I'd rather have scintillating highs and great mids than thundering bass. I even like a little thin-ness in the bass.

Thanks in advance for any impressions you can offer.
128x128klein_rogge
Docks - I've seen the graphs before. They look terrible.
The reason why the NRCC suspends the speakers under test is so they can minimize room/boundry interactions. That's all good, unless your speaker happens to use the floor to produce sound. If that's the case, the test, and your graphs, are pretty useless.
That's my understanding anyway. And you don't seem to be addressing that directly so I guess you're unaware??

Klein,
Here's a review for the Omen Def that you might find interesting. The reviewer kept the speakers, and also said another pair he wanted to keep after reviewing was the Reference 3A Grand Veena.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue54/zu_defs.htm
For sake of arguement, even if the measurements of this Zu speaker are actually poor, if it sounds wonderful, then the measurements are irrelevant ultimately. Ears trump lab results.
Ears trump lab results.

However, ears might also need cleaning or some education. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King. Just because a few people like something does not necessarily make it wonderful sounding. A bass guitar woofer in an aesthetic audiophile cabinet...mmmh.
Shadone,
The solution is simple if you don`t like the sound of something ,don`t buy it. For those who like the sound and if it improves their enjoyment, measurements be dammed.I`m sure you selected your componemts based on listening(I would hope) or would you purchase only based on measurements? Perhaps what you like sounds subpar to other listeners. It always subjective, so personal prefernce and individual impressions rule the day. How do we reach our final decisions? we use our ears and the response /effect to what we"hear".
If you no of a better way to audtion audio components I`m all ears.
Best Regards,