Down firing sub tweeks

I use a down firing sub on a carpeted surface. Are there any specific tweeks available to better disperse the bass ? For example, would a product like Auralex sub dude make any improvement, or is that just to reduce the bass below the unit? ( Like in an apartment setting). Anyone use a "base" of some type, or is there is there an isolation base surface known to be better than carpet?
roofmeister
RELs come with spikes according to the manual but I bought both of my Stadium subs used and didn't get them. If the Star Sound are too expensive I would experiment with lesser spikes to see if they help. I have forgotten the exact thread size.
Any type of spoke should improve it. Make sure the spikes are adjusted so there is no rockIng of the woofer- it needs to be very secure.
I have an old school setup.
Nikko Alpha 2 amp
Nikko Beta 2 preamp
Nikko Gamma 1 Tuner
ADC Sound Shaper
Cambridge Audio Azur 540 CD player
Nikko Np750 turntable
BIC beam box antanae
I run 2 pair of DCM Time Windows 1A
and 2 DCM 10 inch subs.
My set up is in a 12' x 20' room with not the greatest set up as far as accoustics. I will try the cones, but is there any opinion on using say a granite base or the auralex sub dudes?
The bases made by Zmanastronony are what I was thinking. What are they made of ? What did you notice as far as an improvement ?
I used two 3/4 in birch plywood screwed together and put some 1/4in spikes underneath to couple to the floor.
The sound was more detail and less wooly. also, more gain and smoothness in presentation. I also put cones between the sub and the platform, it increased the speed of delivery.