Should I try to improve speakers at $2000.00 range

System:
SPEAKERS...Celestion SL700SE...old but Like new
AMPS...Quicksilver 90 watt silver monos
PREAMP...Quicksilver LS non-remote...new model
DAC...Rega...Theta Miles as transport
CABLES... Kimber 8tc/8tc bi-wire (speakers), Kimber kcag and silverstreak (interconnect), Kimber 75 coaxial (Miles to DAC)
zoot45
if it ain't broke don't fix it...leave well enough alone and pay attention to improving your listening space
{room acoustics}..tell us about the room is it treated?
Well I would say by all means. Just a quick look at used speakers and I see a pair of B&W 805's a pair of Reference 3A mm deCapo's and a pair of Quad 57's.

You only live once....
Gmuffley
I can understand your passion for the 700s with the right
system they can sound A! superb.
I sold Celestion loudspeakers for over ten years SL 6 SL 12 SL 600 SL 700 and know what they are capable of.

With what Zoot45 owns now with his existing Quicksilver Rega electronics which I am acutely experienced
in this scenario even you would agree the latest Vandies together would serve his Systems Performance and music best.
Cheers JohnnR

If you like the speakers you have, that's a very difficult question; especially when there are so many different flavors of speakers, and you can't possibly know which flavor you like best without "auditioning".
I think that most listeners who have never heard the Celestions would probably prefer one of many newer/used $2000 speakers; however, having lived with and enjoyed them for so long, that might not be true for you. I have never been happy with the Vandersteen 2 or 3 series speakers.