Which cd player: New /w Mod or just plain new?

I just can't wait any longer for the mythical final solution. System c/o Jm Lab Mini Utopias, CJ 17ls & Premier 11a. Siltech cables & interconnect. Shunyata power cords. Walker tweaked including Velocitor. Problem is, I believe I'm suffering from a case of paralysis by analysis and am still using my old Musical Fidelity A3. Any Recommendations or advice will be appreciated and considered; including "get a life". Thank you.
phaelon
My opinion regarding the mods is that the mods done by a professional modder can make a difference. Drawback is that if you want to sell the component, you will not be able to get nearly as much back as you spent. Solution is to buy used modded component or buy a new component that does not need mods and is very good on its own. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to be the case with selling modded components. Example I bought a modified Music Hall CD25 player, used it for a while, determined it's not my cup of tea and sold it. Lost a nice chunk of change in the process. The player itself was not expensive, but I barely got 40% of its value back.
Audphile1 -

You are correct on the resale value of modded components. They depreciate much faster. That is why it is important to really research mod shops and work with one whose modded players sonic signature suits your tatses. Also, only work with those who offer trial periods or money back guarantees. That solves the issue of having to resell something you don't like and taking a huge loss.
So, just to be clear Clio09; We are saying that if a small high-end manufacturer was to duplicate a mainstream unit, it's cost would be much higher. Therefore, instead of having this relatively inefficient company build an entire unit, let the larger corporation build it to a point, taking advantage of economies of scale, and then have shorty bring it up to spec. Conclusion: On the aggregate, a modified cd player is a better value. Do we all concur?
In light of the posts regarding mod resale value, I should substitute the phrase "music for the dollar" for the word "value" in my conclusion. Thank you everyone for your responses.
Agree with the idea of going the modded player route.
A used modded player, if it is one that you want, can be a good option also.
You don't need to spend big bucks but their are modders who are happy to help you do so. :)

No doubt you will lose some money on your investment on modded units, but that is the case with new stock units too.
Face it-digital front ends are the worst investment in audio.
Speakers and amps hold their value much better it seems.

I would agree with the recommendations about Modwright and Tube Research Labs (TRL). I would add Empirical Audio.

There are certainly others, too.

Do your research and ssk questions here and on Audio Asylum, or Audio Circles.

Good luck.