Any other Sony SS-AR1 owners out there?

Yes. I finally took the plunge. After several months of comparing and debating over different models and makes of speakers, I finally dropped a bundle of my hard earned money on a pair of speakers that say 'Sony' on the front. Still breaking them in, but definitely very happy with my decision so far. Any other AR-1 owners out there, and if so what are your impressions? Thanks.
dserota17
Sony's US headquarters is located in a suburb of San Diego. They were gracious enough to invite our local club, the San Diego Music and Audio Guild, to a private demo last weekend. We were told they had installed a custom sound room but that turned out to be just a converted office space (maybe 12 x 18) with a typical office dropped ceiling. Even in that much less than ideal environment their speakers showed great promise.

Several Guild members had attended THE Show at Newport Beach last summer and heard the SS-AR1s in a much larger and more appropriate room so we knew their full potential was not being demonstrated at the Sony facility.

Dserota, as your pair breaks in and you refine their placement in your room I must believe you will be very pleased with them.
I heard the Sony Speaker in Berkeley at Music Lovers, last month; Blue Coast Music and Reference Recordings were on hand for the demo..... pretty spectacular.
I was considering buying the SS-AR1's, and feel sorry for those who took the plunge, and will be buying the Aerial Acoustics 7T's as soon as my sound room remodeling is complete. I heard the AR1's while I was in southern Calif. and was impressed, but after hearing the Aerial's in Portland at Fred's, the Sony is no match against the 7T's which blow the Sony's out the window. Best transparency and mid-range clarity I have ever heard. The bass was powerful, rich, very deep and very tight. Aerial's tweeter is an in house custom design, built by Scan-Speak, who also provides drivers for the Sony AR1's. The 7T midrange driver, is also a in-house design, built by SB Acoustics in Wisconsin who provides the mid-range drivers for all the Wilson Audio speakers including the Sasha's. Michael Kelly at Aerial informed me the 7T's mid-range and bass performance will equal or better any speaker regardless of price. They are that good. Before you plunk down $27K for the Sony's, check out the Aerial's and listen. You will be amazed at what you get for $10K, and think twice about buying a more expensive speaker.