Magico Q7 . . . wow

In the world's best audio system

http://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=86&Itemid=285
holenneck
More on the subject, and JF best work yet:
http://www.ultraaudio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=225:embracing-old-and-new-sonus-faber-amati-futura-loudspeakers&catid=44:feature-articles&Itemid=37

Read the " Amati Futura vs. Magico Q3" section
The most recent Absolute Sound had the same opinion of the Magicos on the first 2 days. With almost every reviewer too. Seems they were using some secret amplifier. On the third day they changed amps, and the sound improved considerably, befitting a speaker of its price and magnitude.
Gee, I wish this was the experience I heard with the Magico Speaker! This describes something we all woudl want, but I unfotunately haven't heard when I have listened to this speaker: From the Ultra Audio Review

The Q3 does not in any way sound etched or bright -- in fact, it’s the antithesis of that. Transparency of the sort the Q3 is capable of draws one into the performance. By the same token, the Futura never sounded dull or congested, and never outwardly obscured information, even if it was not as ultimately resolving or as extended in the highs as the Q3. The Futura was eminently involving, particularly in that neutral midband. Bass extension was subjectively about the same from both models, with a rounder quality from the Futura, and greater articulation and speed from the Q3. The Q3 had more extension in the very uppermost registers, but the Futura never sounded terribly rolled off with any music I listened to. Both pairs of speakers could cast a magnificently large and precise soundstage, and both played cleanly, with no sense of strain at the higher volume levels I occasionally prefer.

Ultimately, the Magico Q3 is the higher-fidelity device in the truest sense of that term, but you have to be ready to accept the recorded reality it’s being more faithful to, and all that comes with it. The Sonus faber Amati Futura, on the other hand, will give you a healthy dose of high fidelity, but blends with it the voicing that Sonus would say comes from, among other things, the types of materials they have so carefully used in this speaker. I think each model successfully follows the path its designers have laid out. Which you choose to make your own will require careful examination of your musical and aesthetic priorities.