Ohm Walsh Microtall or Vandersteen 1C

So having gone to my local audio store yesterday and auditioning the Vandersteen 1C and the PSB Image T6, the PSB model is out. I was leaning heavily towards going back next week to buy the 1C, but I started down a path of reading about the Microtalls, and I think I have to call them tomorrow and order a pair.

I'll be running with just a Peachtree Nova, using a Macbook Pro (optical out), Ps3/Xbox 360, and turntable as sources. They'll be used to play music as well as for 2 channel HT.

I really enjoyed the 1C sound, which had warmth and clarity. The PSBs felt a little too neutral and cold to me. I think while I imagine that I want a real analytic, detailed sound to let me hear every little note and drum hit, in reality I want a speaker that lets me get lost in the music and just "live" while I have music on. I can use headphones for the analytic listening :)

Will the Microtalls work for watching video, in the sense that dialogue will still sound as if it's coming from the center? I know I could always add the center channel and a sub later to help out with HT, but that's not in the budget now.

What will I lose with the Microtalls vs. the Vandersteens? I was also wondering if I wouldn't be better off waiting until I could afford the 2ce Sig II (or finding some new) and going with the Ohm for now while I'm at a $1000 budget.

Finally, do I pay return shipping on the Ohms if I don't like them? What is that cost? Thanks!
rbf1138
"Grace Under Pressure"

That might most simply describe the thing I like best about the OHMs. Nothing seems to phase them ie they are seemingly NEVER the bottleneck, however they will easily reveal shortcomings upstream, in recordings etc.
I agree on the MWT thing, I had a long run where my MWT's were in as my main L/R, and even after having the 3/3000's, I never felt short-changed overall. Sure the bass was not as deep and didn't have quite the slam or dynamics to it, but the little micros did a fabulous job. Even pushing them hard, it is difficult to get them to sound terrible. These are highly recommended, and just downright fun to listen to. Tim
Great to see another Ohm thread and that the old gang is still here.

I've had the MWT's for just over 3 years now, and am just as enthusiastic about them as the day I unboxed them. I did get a decent Emotiva sub to go with them, and I am lacking nothing sonically except for sub- 30Hz material.

And they do seem made for Porcupine Tree, and by extension the new King Crimson DVD Audio releases. My go-to demo is using an old release of In The Court of the Crimson King and then comparing it to the new remaster. Gets 'em every time!