Devore Nines and Daedalus Athena comparison?

Has anyone had the opportunity to compare these 2 speakers. The Daedalus speakers look intriguing.
taylor514
A point to keep in mind is that the Athena is about 5 db more efficient than the 9's, according to specs I've seen. Everything else being equal (including peak listening volumes), that means you will need about three times as many amplifier watts for the 9's.

Also, the Athena is an exceptionally easy to drive load in terms of impedance characteristics, although my impression is that the Devore is quite good in that respect also.

Regards,
-- Al
Well, I've heard the 9's at a NYC dealer and I own the Daedalus DA-1.1's and have heard the flagship Ulysses often so I can't really offer a comparison as I have not heard Lou's Athena's (though I hope to one day soon). I did like the 9's--a very complete and musical speaker IMHO. I do feel though that Lou's speakers sound like real music in a way the DeVore's didn't. I think there is good hifi, very good hifi and then stuff that is transcendent. I'd say the DeVore's sounded like very good hifi but Lou's speakers are transcendent. I really don't think you can go wrong in either instance and you will certainly want to consider partnering equipment in making your decision. Finally, if appearance matters at all choose the Athena's--all Lou's speakers are drop dead gorgeous.
I don't think I made clear in my post, that of all the speakers I listened to, the Devore and Daedalus were my favourites. The former seemed that little bit more polite, less bite and dynamics, ythen the Daedalus, but very good. They were running by the way, with 20 watt Border patrol tube amps, which did'nt seem to have any problems. They seemed easy to drive.
I've heard the Gibbon Super 8 a lot, and the Athena (a friend has owned both).
Me and the 8 man audio group I belong to that has heard both, all agree the Athena is a very big step up. Bass is deeper and more powerful, but that is the least of it. The midrange on the Athena is truly magical- really 3-d, and the highs are less loud but extremely refined and filigreed. The whole speaker is cut form one cloth, and is very engaging by ANY standard. One of finest sounds I've ever heard, and they are very decor and spouse friendly to boot.
Lovely, handcrafted instruments. If I was to make one more speaker upgrade, I think they would be my choice. At their price, they are a bargain compared to any competition I know about.

Jmbatkh, I would expect the Athena to be a big step up from the Super 8. The Nine was a big improvement for me over the Super 8, in both midrange and bass ... a similar result as you and your friends had with the Athena and Super 8 comparison.