Best Active Crossovers?

What are the best active crossovers?

I have a pair of Dunlavy SC-VI, which are four-way 6db slope crossover.

I understand I would need to use Three Krell KBX in series to get 4-way 6db slope (besides 8 channels of amplification).

Do you know of any high quality 4-way active crossover that can be configured to 6db slope (except for the 3x KBX option)?

Thanks!
vn101606
If you're using strictly digital sources, and you're open to something completely different....

You might think about a DEQX (or similar) digital domain x-over/preamp. These are 3 way units, so the mid and tweeter will still need to be jumpered. However, in addition to the overall theoretical advantages of crossing in the digital domain, these units also provide digital room correction (which I find compelling). This might be particularly useful to your application, because (as Minor1 noted) any missing notch filters or other FR correction built-into the passive x-overs in your speakers will be less problematic with DRC.

I understand that this is a different approach and not for everybody. Just thought it was worth bringing to your attention.

Marty
Can't think of any 6dB active analog xovers. Like the Digmoda idea but still wary about class D for tweeters. As far as a separate crossover, other digital options are Xilica (might be the best of the 'pro' stuff and stand-alone option for 8 out), Ground Sound, miniDSP and, of course, Behringer (no comment). Full-blown preamp/RTA/correction and up to 3-way are DEQX and Holm Acoustics (interesting tutorial on website). No law that it has to be entirely active, other than trying to duplicate or improve upon the existing passive PCB - particularly the mid/tweeter xover. Then, there's software/computer based xovers and RTA's. Thuneau Allocator is just one of many but really haven't done much homework here.

Hypex amps/modules might be interesting for this project as well. Not like the SC4 isn't big enough.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/dunlavy-audio-labs-sc-iva-loudspeaker-specifications

...."(frequencies not specified)"
Hello,

Thank you for your responses!

Peter, Digimoda seems Interesting. I never had Class D amplification in my system, only Class A amplification, so I wonder if it could be better. I usually read that Class A sounds better than Class D.

Marty, Regarding DEQX, it seems interesting. In principle I don't like very much the idea of inserting a AD and DA into the signal path, being happy with my Playback Designs + Krell Phanton path, but certainly I can only know for sure if I eventually try it.

Ngjockey, Regarding Holm, it seems quite interesting, but again I wonder if it would sound better than Playback Designs + Krell Phanton +Active analog crossover. I guess I would need to try to know for sure.

I guess these are all very interesting and radical alternatives. I wonder if I will be able to compare them against the simpler option of just upgrading the crossover components of my SC-VIs crossovers, something that I am already doing or inserting an audiophile quality active analog crossover.

Would anyone know about an analog competitor to the KBX crossover? A better, and possibly more modern, audiophile level active analog crossover?

Thank you!
Why even bother with going to outboard active crossovers? Just upgrade the existing passive crossover. Going active, particularly analog, will greatly increase the complexity of your system. I'm not sure the increased complexity will be worth the sonic advantages, if any.