CD Player Recommendations 5-8k range please help

Okay guys, looking for recommendations for CD players or trans/dac in the 5-8k range, new or used. My system: 380s Levinson preamp, 336 Levinson amp, B&W Diamond 801 speakers, Audioquest cables. I own and have been using the Levinson 390s cd player (very good all around, maybe lacking in detail?), and recently tried Ayre CX-7e (impressed, good detail and bottom end, but soundstage not as good?). Why am I upgrading? Made the mistake of buying a VPI Scoutmaster, Shelter 501 mk2 cart, and Sutherland PHD phono preamp. Mistake? Not really, the sound with good vinyl kills the cd players I have, but I do not have time for all that is required with analog. I sold the analog system, and am searching for that great sound from a cd player. Help! Any suggestions for me? Thank you in advance!
corvette_tuner
APL HiFi Denon 3910 (or whatever the new model Denon 39xx is), or the O.E.M. APL HiFi DAC and transport.

The APL Denon 39xx is available now and costs around $6500 (don't hold me to this pricing...call or email APL HiFi). The APL HiFi DAC and transport is coming in the months ahead and costs $3995 and $2995 respectively. The DAC and transport are universal format...CD, SACD, DVD-A, plus digital inputs for other transports.

This is a recommendation. I'm not making any judgment about their pecking order on the ladder of "Best" in this price range.

The Exemplar Denon 3910 and Modwright Sony 9100ES are also excellent, and perhaps equal to or better than any stock CD players in your price range. The only downside is they both cost less than $5k. :)
There is a Naim CDS3 for sale here on Audiogon right. It is in your price range.
I am not a big fan of digital but my McCormack UDP-1 Deluxe makes good music and plays all silver discs including SACD and DVD.

Best of all, it retails for 4K and most dealers will offer a discount, making this choice under your budget. Frankly I've had several players that cost 10K and more that did not equal the McCormack.