Memory Player vs Dedicated PC-TopUSB Conv and DAC

Has anybody owning the Memory Player compared it to a dedicated PC system using software(such as EAC and Foobar, and by-passing the gremlins of Windows Media ) with a good USB2 to AES/EBU converter, like the Offramp available from Emperical Audio to a top quality DAC.
Is this the future for transports?
thanks.
Nev
nevillekapadia
Guys, please take your pissing contest somewhere else.

We only want to read about the equipment that this thread was initially about.

This crap kills the integrity of these forums.

Please, be professionals.

Thank you.
Guys, guys, please calm down. This is not some sort of dispute forum. We are all audiophiles in the first place and our priority is enjoying audio.

Chris
I'd rather hear the results of a shoot-out between a Memory Player, Empirical Audio, XXHighEnd and possibly VRS Audio Systems.

This would prove more interesting and educational, plus keep the original topic moving in a better direction.
I too would love to hear from others a comparison of the Memory Player (Transport) V/S a well tweaked computer, at the moment I think Winamp with ASIO plugin + the sound card set at a latency of 2ms is as good or better than XXHighEnd player and most certainly ahead of the TRANSPORT of the AA. This is great as its free.

This project is the most exciting thing in the four years I have been in this hobby.

Best Regards,

Satyam Bachani.
The only thing I've learned so far, is the Memory Player needs better dealers than Audiooracle if they want to be successful.