Klipsch Chorus II or Forte II - Secondary system

I have a secondary system in my basement that's been neglected for years. It's a combination of Rotel electronics combined with a pair a DCM TimeWindow 1a speakers. They are nice speakers, but I really have no reason to listen to them when my main listening system has Vandersteen speakers that do everything better.

I've decided to shake things up a bit by going a completely different path with the sound of my second system. I want to go from the more laid back sound of the the DCM's to a more in-your-face rock sound.

I've narrowed my choice to a set of Klipsch Forte II or Chorus II's based on whats locally available and price. I'm looking for opinions from anyone that's listened to these. The Forte II's have a better bottom end, but the Chorus II's are generally regarded as a better speaker. My preference would be to NOT use a subwoofer.

Thanks!
mustangjeff
Good for you! You are going to really enjoy them. By what you've posted I can tell you understand them well. Once you find the spot you want them they'll keep getting better. My forte's take a good two or three days to settle when I move them (even longer if they are on carpet). Enjoy!
I started with a pair of cornwalls that surprised me so much that I sold a pair of Reference 3a grand veenas. I have since moved on to a pair of cornscalas and could not be happier. Horns done right are VERY hard to beat.

I predict that a pair of horns will ultimately be your main speaker.

Shakey
Shakey-nice system. Im sure it is dynamic. Question: do the crites' klipsch image/soundstage very well? thanks
They image and soundstage as well as any speaker I have owned. And set them up right and they disappear better than any large speaker should.

Shakey
01-01-14: Shakeydeal
"They image and soundstage as well as any speaker I have owned. And set them up right and they disappear better than any large speaker should."

Again, Shakey is spot on with his assessment. The Cornscala can defy logic. Set up properly, they can do it all. I heard a pair with a newer Onkyo TX-8050 stereo receiver(msrp $399.00) and the same pair with a DIY 40w tube amp and both demos were nothing short of amazing. Truly 3 dimensional sound with both demos but more so with the tube amp, which is to be expected.

Bill