DCS Puccini and/or Soulution 740 players? Anyone??

All,

I'm curious if anyone has listened to these players.

From other threads I've seen that DCS doesn't have a big following in the US probably partly because of the price. Can anyone describe the sound? I saw somewhere that people found it to be better than the Emm Labs equipment and that DCS has become more musical than the older DCS equipment.

The other player I'm very curious about is the new Soulution 740 player. A relatively new high-end brand from Switzerland. Apparently the player had its introduction at the CES 2008. Has anyone listened to it and does it is so much better than the other player considering its price?

Thanks for your feedback.
maxx1973
Mert, it sounds better with ALL well recorded 16/44.1 material ... much more analogue sounding. With 24/96 DVD-A Meridian even excels further. I was at CES and none of the rooms using DCS were among the best sounding IMHO, maybe that's a coincidence, bc the Scarlatti is among the best digital front end.

Ironic because I think the Magico M5 room was declared best sound of the show and they used a server based source with the Modwright Transporter if I remember well. Oh well, maybe we're all paying too much for digital :-)

What was your question again?
Ray Kimbers room really bowled me over, with the four TAD's and his Isomike recordings...
Mtkhl567

:):) ı didn't know that you were the offical spokeman of Meridian. However, I see, you haven't studied your lesson carefuly.
You need to know that 808.2 doesn't support DVD-A according to manufacturer's given specifications. Tell me how you or your friend could cracked 808.2 in order to listen DVD-A?
By the way, I don't have anything against Meridian since I do own Meridian gear as well.
Good luck and do what you know best!( just listen music, don't mass much with electronics)
Mert, the 808.2 Sig Ref took my 24/96 Chesky DVD Audio recordings like a pro, just like that, and for sure that sounded MUCH better than CD. Sometimes I guess manufacturers specs don't reveal all, don't ask me why. DVDA is dead though as a format.

Now look who's calling the kettle black, you've changed gear more than I have! Like you say, I don't mess much with components. But I have a good set of ears and I enjoy comparing. And my music library is expanding by 25+ titles a week ... which is what its all about.