Janszen za2.1 vs nola metro grand ref series2

I am contemplating a speaker purchase. I was going to look into either a used vandy 5a or eggleston andra ii. But, I think they would both be too big for my small 12x14 room. I am also married to my 50 w triode monoblocks and I fear they would not provide sufficient power for either choice.

This leads me to the less well known janszen and a pair of demo nola metros. I have always liked the enormous magnepan 3.7 soundstage. I however found them always lacking in image specificity. So as the advice comes, please keep in mind my soundstage reference and goal is along the lines of the big Maggie's. I have read that the raven tweeter and open baffle in the nola result in a giant presentation. I am not as sure about the janszens.

Has anyone heard both of the speakers I am considering? My desire is to improve upon the sound of the Gallo ref 3.5 that I currently have. I would like a larger, taller deeper soundstage with Improved pinpoint proved imaging.

I recognize this may be an odd request, but I am hoping for real world experience as I have no way to hear either prior to purchasing the speakers. The janszens have a trial period going in their favor.

Fwiw David janszen was a pleasure to talk with about his speakers. If congeniality were a sound quality i would tip my hat to janszen.

Regards,
Brad
2out2sea
I think at this point I am going to try the janszen. the trial period eases my mind and david janszen is a real pleasure to deal with. I will keep everyone posted on the way things go. my goal is a 50% improvement (subjective of course) over my current gallo 3.5. bigger soundstage and improved imaging. we'll have to wait and see.
brad
2out2sea, I've owned the zA2.1 for more than a year now without a moments regret. And I fully agree with your impressions of David. I believe his is both knowledgable and totally honest. He has been wonderful to work with both before and after my purchase.

Rather than summarize my impressions of the speakers I'll offer this link to my written review - http://db.audioasylum.com/mhtml/m.html?forum=speakers&n=329558&highlight=m3+lover+Janszen+m3+lover&r=&search_url=%2Fcgi%2Fsearch.mpl%3Fforum%3DALL%26searchtext%3DFried

Also, look for the comments by jsm71 on Planar Asylum. We both had overpowered SS amps to begin with (which did sound very good) but then changed to lower powered tube amps which upped the listening pleasure.

So yes, take the home trial. And follow David's instructions on placement. They do not need to be placed well out in the room like other planar speakers.
Pryso, as a former Duntech Princess owner, how would you compare the size of the soundstage presentation of the Janszens vs. the Duntechs? That would give the OP an idea of that aspect of the speakers, as the Duntechs' soundstage, from my experience with them, easily compares with the Maggies.
Ordered a set from David today. I will certainly revisit this thread once I have a chance to listen. The waiting game now begins...