Requesting info on Audio Kinesis ZEPHRIN Speakers

Fellow A'goners,

I am contemplating purchasing these speakers designed by Duke LeJeune.

I have read several favorable reviews and been in contact with Duke. He is a very sincere and gracious person for sure.

I wanted to see if I could get feedback from any A'goners out there who might have these speakers and would be willing to share their experiences with me.

Also I was wondering if any owners of these speakers might be open to allowing me the privilege of hearing them in their system. I live in western Michigan near Muskegon and would be willing to drive several hours in any direction to do so.

Thanks so much!
128x128scifi
We used the Zephrin's in our exhibit room at the Newport Show last spring with both ours and Atma-Sphere amps. The set up worked quite well. Robert E. Greene stopped by our room twice to hear the speakers and was pretty giddy over the concept and how they sounded. If you can drive to the Chicago are for an audition it would be worth your time.

Disclaimer: I am a previously happy customer (Jazz Modules) and now a dealer for AudioKinesis, same for Atma-Sphere, and manufacturer of Electra-Fidelity Amplification products.
Duke

That's an interesting story to me. I have a small 12x12 sunroom that I have been challenged to conquer acoustically for years. It's my wife's room which limits options. I documented in my system thread recently adding a pair of isoacoustic monitor stands that seem to have finally solved the problem using my small triangle monitors, low placement near the floor for bass reinforcement, slight upward tilt and the isolation aspects of the stands. Results in terms of clean bass spacious soundstage and overall clarity and imaging are off the charts compared to anything else I've tried there.
Chicago is a pretty great city, and Brian at Essential Audio is great. Based on my experience with the speakers, these are certainly worth an audition. I need to get out to Essential Audio one of these days to give them a better listen (and to hear some of that iFi gear like the iTube).
Roscoeiii, thanks for the kind words! I'd love for you to come for a listen soon. I'm delighted to say Scifi just wrote me a check for a pair of Zephrins that'll be coming his way next month and know he will be thrilled with them. Looking forward to visiting him sometime next year when the weather's warmer to hear his setup.

Mapman, I'm the closest one to you. Catch a quick flight to Chicago if you'd like to come for a listen.