what Ipod dock would you buy?

Hi guys

I'm looking for an Ipod dock just to use on the deck and couldn't find a lot of discussions regarding that here. Didn't surprise me since it's the higher end here but I 'm sure somebody has a dock here for that kind of use.

If any of you have any experience with these I'd appreciate your input.
krauti
What do you need your dock to do? If all you want is to pull off the line level audio and connect it to your pre-amp with RCA plugs, then get something from Ken Ball (Audio LineOut). A custom-made dock (he likes Jena Labs wire) from Ken has all the pins but the three you need (Left, Right, Ground) removed and you cannot control or recharge - but you will get the best sound.

Ken does great work - try soldering to those tiny pins inside a dock. I tried twice and gave up.

I have no experience of any other docks (except for a SendStation which was crappy).

Regards,
This looks like a good one:

http://www.cooperhandtools.com/brands/CF_Files/model_detail.cfm?upc=037103115225

Seriously though, for casual use a 3.5mm adapter cable is all that's needed. Universally compatible, too. I've set up and programmed my share of iPorts and Crestron CEN-IDOCs, and IMO they're really silly. An iPod is a great portable, but a poor home music server.
Or buy an airport express and a Linksys router and stream from your computer wirelessly. As well, you can listen to internet radio stations. Of course you'll have to organize and use iTunes...

It'll probably set you back less than $200. There's a DAC in the AEx.. I'm sure it's not the best DAC, but I know for a fact it will sound a lot better than just plugging your ipod into a dock.
I am aware of two audiophile IPod docs - "audiophile" in the sense that they take the digital signal from the Ipod and not the low-fi analog signal.

MSB makes a dock that contains a DAC - it is expensive (north of $2k).

Wadia makes a $350 dock that must be run into a DAC -- think of it as you would a transport.