the best CD player between 6'000 - 10'000 $ ?

I need to replace my old Denon DCD 2700
I hear mainly classical music (don't need a huge bass ;-) )
I am looking for precision, precise stageimaging, high definition & warmth ... ;-)

thanks
clavil
I've heard this top Marantz SA7-S1 with the top ref pre and mono's from Marantz. I'm still in awe of the dynamics when I think back a few months. I also heard Musical Fidelitie's top SACD player swapped in and out fully broke in while the Marantz was'nt broke in.

The Marantz sounded better in all areas and only wish I could have heard this player a couple months down the road fully broke in. Anyway, It was indeed a very special cd spinner and when you factor in the fit & finish with price. I could'nt help but be very impressed.

The Marantz Reference Cd Players have acheived something very special at this juncture.
I have shortly heard the Marantz 11s1, not on my system

imo a "politically correct" player ...

not fast, not slow
lacking precision and definition for my taste
but neither warm like some tube CD Players

musical? yes but like a musician whithout a strong personality

just my subjective impression

PS what about Lua appassionato Mk III ?
Lua Appasionato MkIII had a rave review in the German magazine "Stereo" (trustworthy imo) but I have never heard it. As far as general statements have any validity, then, I have found Lua gear to be euphonic (eú-phonos: I use the term without any aftertaste) yet detailed, painting broad stages, "breathing". I have the Lua Con Fuoco speakers and find them excellent both with tubes and ss amp. Then again, a few years ago (i.e. before Appasionato saw the light) I auditioned the Lua Cantilena SEL and found the Jadis JD3 better in every respect, more lifelike and emotional.

Clavil, since you ask specifically for European players, may I ask where you are located? Depending thereon, there might be a few further alternatives, such as the Pink Faun.

Mr. Tennis, sorry for not coming back yet, I have to dig in my memory some quiet moment.
I'll throw the Denons modified by Exemplar and APL into the mix to consider.
I would recommend listening to the:

Ayre C-5xe
Krell SACD Standard MK3
Esoteric SA-60

All 3 retail for around $6K, all 3 play both CD & SACDs, and all 3 sounded amazing in my System - as good as is needed - sonically close enough to $10K plus Machines for price not to be an issue. I personally went with the Krell to front my $32K rig.