Infinity Primus P363 TAS review

Wow REG claims these speakers are "In many fundamental ways they are in the top echelon of anything out there."....These sell for $199! He says they aren't just good for the money but good period. Anyone heard these things?
wildoats
Interesting comments. i look forward to the next issue of YAS as i would think readers would have comments on a review of a speaker that for less than $400 is comparable to the state of the art according to REG. I haven't heard the speaker but am kinda flabbergasted by the review.
Every company has an evolution... And as many know...Infinity was the hi end in the 70s/80s with their Emit technology....in the later part of the 80s they dumbed down their RS series...and started using the very fatiguing, polarizing Polycell tweeter...things eventually improved with the advent of their CMMD drivers, computer analysis, and the deep.pockets of HI...which is why I don't find the stellar reviews of Primus products so surprising...their Sister company happens to be Revel.
Wildoats, I don't believe REG is saying that the Infinity Primus is equal to state of the art loudspeakers. Instead he is saying that it is a very good product and deserves comparison to much more expensive loudspeakers. He emphasizes that the Primus has smooth frequency response (both on and off axis) and low THD levels. He does mention that you could spend megabucks and not get these qualities, but that does not make the Primus a state of the art design.
JBL produces state of the art product's, as a matter of fact, we all know both are owned by the Harmon industries company, keep in mind, revel does not make a speaker as costly as the top tier JBL speaker's, the JBL speaker's like the Everest DD-67000 speaker is way beyound anything Revel has ever made with performance of state of the art.