What are the best speakers for 80's hard rock?

Hello folks!
I want suggestions for best speakers and amp for 80's hard rock music. Many bad recordings, so many high end speakers (and amps) sounds very harsh and hard, with little bass. It's more important to me that my stereo can play bad recordings in a good way, than play good recordings in a fantastic way.

I want very laidback and soft treble, but I want a bass that goes deep and alo is very punchy.

I know many people say that I should here on vintage speakers. But I want new speakers. Any price range!

Thanks for suggestions!
rockpanther
"Any Price" - be careful what you wish for ;-)

Legacy Audio Whisper XDS

For somewhat less:
Legacy Focus SE

Approaching Earth:
Nola Contender 2 - with pair of REL T5's or a single S3/S5

If these don't Rock you out, nothing will.
"I want very laidback and soft treble, but I want a bass that goes deep and alo is very punchy."

That will be a combination of the amp and speaker. But if you are just looking for speakers right now, here's a few that you may like. I'm taking into account that soft highs are very important.

The origional Mirage M series that have the soft dome tweeters, Meridian M33's and a sub, Most of the Mission speakers, Current Pioneer speakers (excellent value), possibly Monitor Audio (Silver Series), McIntosh, ProAc Response 2 with a sub. Energy speakers that had the camel hair tweeters (may be the best option if you can find them) and a sub depending on size, Soundwave.

I'm sure there's more, but thats all I can think of right now. You may also want to factor in a good EQ like a Behringer 24/96. On bad recordings, you sometimes have no other option.
As it is for metal, so it is for hard rock which is to say that the speaker does not care what you play. If it is good for rock it should be good for classical and vice versa.

If you do not find this to be the case its simply because its not that great a speaker to begin with.
The bigger JBLs, Klipsch, ATCs, Tannoys etc. I believe the Legacies are good, but I only heard them briefly at CES a couple of years ago. If on a tight budget, the Cerwins aren't too bad.