Micromega T-Drive Transport, anybody got one?

I bought a Micromega T-Drive transport back in 1994. After numerous attempts to fix it still plays up.

I thinking of getting another used transport around $1500-2000 to partner my Altmann Dac.

Are there any Micromega T-Drive owners who have moved onto other (better) transport and if so which transport did you get?

Among others, I'm looking to see if I can get a used Audio Note CDT Zero or One (for example)

jaspal_kallar
no offense to the altmann, but for 1500 bucks, there are tons on players(mint-used) with exceptional transports and dac's. the audio note is good, but not as good as the micromega(when they're both working)..
Jaybo, Thanks for your reply.

the audio note is good, but not as good as the micromega

I perhaps have the possibility of getting another used Micromega T-Drive that has been upgraded with a better clock and power supply as well as some mods to the digital out. I think it had the laser mechanism also replaced. It would cost around $500 from someone in England.

Any other transport suggestions or opinions on the Micromega T-Drive?

no offense to the altmann, but for 1500 bucks, there are tons on players(mint-used) with exceptional transports and dac's

Jaybo: I presume you've heard the Altmann Dac when making the above statement?

Perhaps you could give me some examples of one box cdp or transport/dac's ore even dacs you've compared against the Altmann Dac up to $1500? After that I can check them out.

Cheers :-)
Dear J-k, while you are pondering the question, I recommend you purchase a mid-of-the-range used (not abused) TEAC cdp to use as transport.
Their transport mechanisms are good and the mechanical integrity is first class. The sound is more extended than, say, a typical philips (i.e. what you had on the micromega) although it might sound dryish at times.
Much cheaper than most alternatives, too. Regards
Gregm: I think that's a good suggestion. Thanks. I'll have a look into the Teac cdp as a transport.

Jaybo: I decided I'm still interested in getting responses about better transports than my Micromega T-drive.

I don't want this thread to digress in to one box players recommendations. I know different people have different opinions about the merits of the Altmann Dac. I intend keeping it, so thinking back now, it's not worth getting (your) opinions about one box cdp's. I can always search or start a separate thread with regards to that. Sorry for messing you around. Thanks for your input regarding AN vs Micromeaga transports.

Btw. any comments on CEC transports ?

Cheers :-)