The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
How about Mirage M1's? They might be the best I've ever heard and nobody mentions them. I have not heard Dunlavey's or BW 800 series either but would like to. I don't particularly like stereo stores as there is always pressure to upgrade to something very expensive. I have enough trouble with that on my own, buying used equipment online.
Anyway, it's probably been ten years since I went shopping in a stereo store and that was when I heard the M1's. They had great clarity and everything seemed to be there without having to crank it up. If I were going to spend $5000 on a new pair of speakers, I'd go listen to the Mirages again and probably buy them. Would welcome anyone who can compare these speakers against others and let me know their feelings. Thanks
Bill
Audio Limits, I'd love to hear them. My Scintlla does the thunder and whisper exceedingly well too.
I just got back from CES where Quad Classics had a double pair of stacked Quad ESL 57s from their new production. It made me wonder why I had sold my double Quads. They had one of the best sounds at CES.
Von Schweikert VR5-HSE. I've had mine almost five months and have not once missed my daily listening session. Truly amazing.