Audio Research Ref: CD8

I understand from speaking to Audio Research there is a CD8 now. CD8 has an upgraded power supply and DAC from the CD7. I have my CD7 at ARC for the power supply upgrade now.

Does anyone know more about the CD8?
wsill
Microstrip: The amps were ARC REFERENCE 210'S and speaker cables and IC'S were Transparent Reference Cables with their interface boxes of course. Also was used were the Transparent power conditioner filter device.I 'm not sure the model number,But this device alone cost 3.5K. I THOUGHT A PS Audio at half the price would do a better job.
Oh and for your info. I have never heard a CD7 or any ARC gear in several years so this was a real ear opener to me to say the least.
Later on I did get a chance to hear the ARC CD5 and could only listen for just a few minutes it was that much a sonic let down to me after being exposed to the Reference Gear from ARC.I'll need to give Lenord a call an compliment him. I use to own ARC SP-6A,6B,6C,SP-8,D110B Amp, and VT-60
amp. So u can tell its been awhile since I've been exposed again. So I'm in trouble an bit with the ARC bug again.
I'll be saving my coin for 1 year to able to purchase a CD8
and it would be worth the year wait from everything I heard from this incredible piece of gear.
76doublebass - I would rather get used Ref CD-7 and Ref-3 if your budget is somehow limited - that would cost you close to the new CD-8, but you would get much more improvement in sound quality for your dollar.
I was thinking about that as well.This is a bit off topic but I have a different system now and need to update my system profile. I am using an Intergrated SET 84C that I made from kit. It only puts out 1.5 watts in Triode and about 5 watts per channel Pentode class A,bUT THE SOUND IS INCREDIBLY TRANSPARENT.I am getting some high effecient crossoverless 2 way speakers next week with 95DB effecieny.
Parker Signature 95 speakers from Parker Audio.
The only other upgrade I need now is my source. So I wanted to get the best cd transport I can get my hands on
regardless of price,But have also been looking at some mod
services available on the web. I.E. Musical Fidelity A5 with a $1,800.00 mod done to it.
We shall see
Last friday my CD 7 was upgraded by ARC Holland ( Europe ),I brought it in and after 2 hours all was finished incl. testing .Total costs NONE , service .Today I replaced the 5881 tube by a NOS GE 6L6GC , which tube was recommended by my local ( not ARC ) dealer .The sound is as Wsill described . Only no burn in time.I already replaced all the 6H30 by DR types.I think everything is better than it was before the upgrade .
Greetings from Holland , a happy CD 7 owner ( even the REF 3 and PH 5 )
Well mine CD7 finally is done too. Conclusion: I was listen to crap for the last 2 years. But different from most you guys I knew. My original CD7 was magical before the problem with the PS, after fixed (previuos upgrade) became just lifeless. Now it's back. I will listen for a week or two to check if it will match the original sound I had once.

Dynamics, extensions, details all raised but mostly now it's much more toneful correct and clean. It's sad ARC took so long to correct it.