Bybee Internal Speaker Bullets - user feedback?

I added a couple of Bybee Small Slipstream Purifiers on the RCA inputs in my amp and like the effect quite a bit.

Exchanging with Jack Bybee, he said the internal speaker bullets are, in his view, the best bang for buck of his products. That would be an expensive move for me as I would need 2 sets (they retail at about $800 per set).

Searching around A'gon, I was surprised to see little talk about these. Found a thread from 2008 discussing the Bybee Golden Goddess that apparently had just come out at the time. I believe the Internal Speaker Bullets are a DIY version of the Golden Goddess, that retails at $4200 (!!).

Would love to hear from those who tried them. In what kind of speakers? Was it worth it to you?

My speakers are B&W 804S. They were $4k when new...not anymore. I have to wonder if best bang for buck is to spend $1.6k on these Bybees or upgrade the speakers. The Bybees I can keep with me in future speaker upgrades, though.

Thank you!
lewinskih01
Johnk,

I do not suffer from confirmation bias. I just tried them out with any preconception and they worked out well for me. The problem on this forum are people who express opinions without being factual. A lot of folks have indicated their positive experience with Bybee products. Why would they do so, if the technology would not work? What model of Bybee did you try out?
Ozzy,

The little cake layer inside the ceramic tube is a rare earth composite. Who cares about what is inside a component, as long as it works out well for you.

Has anybody argued about the chemical composition of a V-Cap or Duelund capacitor? The thing is, that these are some of the best audio capacitors available on the market. Did the Bybee work for you or you never tried them out?
I have a sneaking suspicion that what we have here is someone suffering from the reverse expectation bias, when you thunk a tweak is a fraud or won't work, you can't hear it cause you psyched yourself out.
Dasign, Yes, I have tried them. In fact I still have the one that I didn't take apart.
Wayyyy toooo much money for what it is.