The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Genesis! The actual systems are 201 and 350 (and the 1.1 for very few). There is absolutely nothing which can be compared with these speakers in musical sound! They run very good/best whith Classé Audio amps, specially the 401. Often it is said they run good with tube amps, but there are limitations in loud passages with tube amps. Also the Classés give more vividness than tubes. (The Classés run very good also with other speakers)
If you live in Europe, there will be a new company for this kind of speakers next year. Prices will be very interesting.
If you are intersted please leave an e-mail massage on info@earlston.de.
Also extremly good are the Martin Logan Statement 2, but they are not suitable for most people because of costings and space. The smaller Martin Logans do not have this quality. That does mean that the smaller Genesis models are much nearer to the big 1.1 than the smaller MLs are near to the Statement 2. So if you consider of a very big system both ML and Genesis are your choice, if you want a smaller system take a Genesis 201 or 350 (the smaller genesis models do not have this sound quality).
ML Statement 2 and Genesis 1.1 are by far the best actual speakers in the world!
Best regards from Germany!
I can only disagree with the above post regarding the tube amplifiers being limited on loud passages simply isn't my findings with the Genesis 201 speakers even when using the VTL SIGNATURE 450 amps even in triode mode at ear damaging levels in a large room, needless I say the reference 750 in triode mode is much better sounding regardless the power difference. What tube amplifiers are you referring to tim777 ?
~~~~Has to be Infinity Reference Standard Beta and 1a/b. A moving experience with each encounter!

Just The Facts
By
Hi fbi....I'm not completely sure about BEST speaker all around but I totally endorse your suggestions as I am a very happy RS 1-B owner. They just do everything thing so well (for me....for now).