Yamamoto YDA 01 DAC

Is there any Agoner have this Yamamoto dac and could share his comments on how its sound?
Thanks
ben
Staehli,
Thanks for your initial impressions. I am looking to your detailed comparison to the benchmark. You may want to start a seperate thread for this.

I used to have Benchmark and replaced it with Rega DAC, which I like better. So I'll be curious to know how Octave compares to the benchmark.
Staehli,

What's the source you are using with the Benchmark and the Octave?
Also, what's downstream from the DAC in your system?

Thank you!
Lewinski,
source is a Lite CD 21 transport with 44 and 96kHz outputs then there's a Merlin TSM mme with EAR 868 and First Watt F5 amplification. Cables are a combination of Stereovox, Morrow and Artisan Silver, Supra Sword for sc and Van den Hull powercords. No powerconditionning.
Staehli,

I am not familiar with the CD 21 transport, but from reading online it can upsample CDs. Were your comments/comparison between Octave and Benchmark based on 44.1 or 96 kHz output from the CD 21? I'm asking this because at another forum someone who's trying the Octave mentioned its performance was superb when fed an upsampled signal (in his case upsampled inside a computer, then reclocked thru Offramp 4), but mediocre when fed 44.1.
Lewinski,
with the benchmark, I liked the 44.1 output better because it sounded more dynamic and self assured whereas the Octave had better air and separation fed from the 96kHz output. Strange.