Rowland Criterion vs Joule-Electra LA 300ME

I have an all MBL system (101E's and 9008 amps) and am looking for opinions on which of these great pres might work the most magic in my system. I know the Criterion is not out yet,but with it being battery powered, you have to assumme it will be exceptional. Same goes for the Joule-Electra.
husk01
Thank you Teajay, I agree completely with you that we are deeply immersed in the realm of personal preference. And this is why I am as narrow as I possibly can in my own findings. . . e.g. I may say that I personally prefer component A over B in my own system using criteria 1, 2, 3, but I won't say that A is better than B, or that A is an absolute 'best'. In particular, as I have not auditioned Audio Valve Eklipse, I am not in a position of stating my preference for one or the other. If you have been able to compare a well broken in Capri with an equally broken in AV, please let us know more, as audiogoners benefit from as many real findings as possible.

On the subject of Criterion, as I have heard it in only one system (not even my own), and very few people have heard it this far besides me, it is not particularly useful to summize a priori that it be more or less subjectively preferable to other devices, regardless of my own hopeful enthusiasm, let alone 'better' or 'worse'. Future may tell. My only suggestion is to keep an ever open mind. . . whilst audiophilia continues unabated (grins!) G.
Am I wrong or depending on finish is the Capri $1700 - $2000 less than the Audio Valve (MSRP $4799). If that is the case I wouldn't say the price of the Audio Valve is a "tad more." Performance wise I can't comment since I haven't heard the Audio Valve.

As for the Joule, list is just under $15k. I believe the previous model, the LA-150 MkII is a little over 5k, but there is now a Signature Edition of that preamp so I'll assume its priced somewhere in between. I would agree with Teajay in that that I can't see the difference in cost based on parts alone. The new LA-300ME is using Elrod wiring, some pretty meaty Mundorf caps, an assortment of other Mundorf and V-caps, and has the option of being supplied with Bocchino or WBT Next Gen Silver jacks. I'm probably missing some stuff, but I'd have to be missing a lot to make up the difference.

On the other hand it does sound exceptional IMO and that would be worth something to me too.