Recommendations for a CD player $1500 or less

I am looking for a CD player and have a budget of about $1500.00.

Does anyone have any comments about the Sony SCD-XA5400ES?
rwwood
I just spoke with Kevin and he assured me that I have the full 5 year warranty. I love the player:O)
Another possibility if you are open is the NAD M5 Cd/SACD with HDCD. The Masters Series stuff in not regular NAD. It is well thought of, and a lot of them out there. You can buy one with a discount for about $1500.00 from several places new with 3 year P+L. Dave's comments above, I have read similar about the M5, so it is nice to have several quality players in this price range. I and others find the M5 a great player, as I am sure the new Sony is also. I sold my old Sony 9000ES to buy the M5, and that Sony was a nice machine. Good Luck.
Good point also from a few others about warranty on all these many newer branded CD players out there. What happens in a few years if you cannot get them fixed. In this case Sony and Lenbrook Ind, which is NAD, PSB Speakers and several others in Canada will I'm sure be around.
Look, for the price of the Sony vs the competition, even if it breaks, you could buy several units until you would spend the amount needed to purchase a unit that rivals it's performance:O) The Sony is special in the way it Ladders the DAC's and removes the processing from the audio chain via a seperate 1 bit LSI...Orchestral music is reproduced so naturaly that it is uncanny!
I am also wary of American Theatre in FL. I'd like to be reassured. Anyone else, apart from Dave b (no offence, mate), dealt with them?

They always have really low prices and I'd like to know more - how do they do that?

Regards,