CD Recorder :Fostex or Tascam?

Hi
I am seeking help from someone who is familiar with the sound quality of recording from analog on both decks.I currently have a Fostex CR 500 recorder ($499)and have 15 days to return or exchange.I am aware about major differences in these recorders (Fostex-no remote,track increment function inserts a 100 ms gap,no coax digital in (only balanced)I am looking to exchange it for Tascam CD-RW900SL ($489) which has a remote qand coax digital input.Main purpose-transfering LPs.I have great results with Sony Music CD-Rs on Fostex but am wondering about the sound quality of recording on Tascam deck.I can put up with Fostex lack of certain features if it has a superior quality of sound.Any advise would be greatly appreciated.Thanks a lot!
overhang
For what it's worth, I've had a Tascam CD-RW700 for years and find that it makes really superior copies of LPs, open reel tapes and CDs. MUCH better sounding than the computer-derived copies I've heard, albeit a lot slower (1X). Good luck, Dave
If you go this route, you will be unhappy with the results, sooner or later. As Macdadtexas suggests, archive to computer at a higher resolution (so you don't lose all the advantages of lp's), print cd's as needed and be ready for a digital server system when you are ready.
I have a modified (by Balance Power Technologies) Alesis ML9600; it makes much better CD's than the Fostex machine than I had.
While I previously used Tascam, now I use Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (eBay $620 new) to record LP's to WAV on harddrive. You can upgrade harddrives (I am using 650gb) and backup to computer. You also can burn a higher quality disk copy called "Audio Master Quality Recording" to compensate for higher "jitter" in recorded CDs. AMQR extends the length of the pits and lands on the CD in an attempt to produce a more stable signal. This reduces the recordable length of the CD -- a 74-minute disc only holds 63 -- but produces noticeably improved audio. See

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/computer/handbook/audiomaster01.html