Speaker cable manufacturers

Hi all,
Not looking for recommendations specifically for a particular model of speaker cable, but looking to start by considering the companies themselves. I have a budget of $700 for a used set of 8ft pair of cables. My speakers are DIY Peerless and Sb tweeter 3 way hybrid open baffles. I want to try to avoid the cable-merry-go-round and go with a company the is generally highly regarded for making good stuff (low risk). I am considering Analysis Plus, JPS Labs. The only reason I am not considering the ultra small manufacturers is because I want to have the ability to sell later if need be and some of the really small guys don't have the recognition yet. Any additional manufacturers recommendations are welcomed
jimbones
OK so I have only about 50 hrs on the new Cabledyne cable and switched back to the MIT 750's and here is what i find. The Cabledyne is cleaner and has more hi end energy. It is not fatiguing, no edge at all. (sometimes more hi end means fatigue) Instruments seem more life like. The differences are subtle but are there. I need more time with them but that is the preliminary observations.
Hi all,
I have been a big fan of the Audience AU24 "e" line of cables but are out of your budget I know. HOWEVER, last year I decided, after speaking with a different manufacturer that I would try some new cables. The Audience are obviously very good cables but I thought ultimately that I could find a better cable in terms of absolute transparency. These new cables were less than half the price of my then reference AU24 power cords and Au24"e" interconnects. When I put these new cables in starting with interconnects there was an immediate improvement in clarity, spaciousness and presence... and tonal balance (something the Audience was a bit lacking in). As it turned out after 10 or so hrs of continuous play a new level effortlessness, scale and 3D imaging became easily distinguishable the likes of which were new to me in my system. Now with well over 200 hrs I believe I have found my transparency holy grail... at least for the moment. The reference power cord from this manufacturer was another story altogether. After having several hundred hours on it and thinking it already better than the Audience AU24 at more than double the price, it wasn't until I drove some friends speakers with a more difficult load (4 ohm instead of my 8 ohm) speakers for a few days continuously that the power cord really left what I thought a power cord could do in the dust with its huge, powerful, effortless, TRANSPARENT, detail, smooth fully realized potential.

The cables are ZENTARA. USA made by a real accredited electrical and materials engineer with a tremendous resume. All his reference level products are priced at right around a grand. I Hope this is a helpful addition to the discussion.
Hi all,
I have been a big fan of the Audience AU24 "e" line of cables but are out of your budget I know. HOWEVER, last year I decided, after speaking with a different manufacturer that I would try some new cables. The Audience are obviously very good cables but I thought ultimately that I could find a better cable in terms of absolute transparency. These new cables were less than half the price of my then reference AU24 power cords and Au24"e" interconnects. When I put these new cables in starting with interconnects there was an immediate improvement in clarity, spaciousness and presence... and tonal balance (something the Audience was a bit lacking in). As it turned out after 10 or so hrs of continuous play a new level effortlessness, scale and 3D imaging became easily distinguishable the likes of which were new to me in my system. Now with well over 200 hrs I believe I have found my transparency holy grail... at least for the moment. The reference power cord from this manufacturer was another story altogether. After having several hundred hours on it and thinking it already better than the Audience AU24 at more than double the price, it wasn't until I drove some friends speakers with a more difficult load (4 ohm instead of my 8 ohm) speakers for a few days continuously that the power cord really left what I thought a power cord could do in the dust with its huge, powerful, effortless, TRANSPARENT, detailed, smooth, fully realized potential.

The cables are ZENTARA. USA made by a real accredited electrical and materials engineer with a tremendous resume. All his reference level products are priced at right around a grand. I hope this is a helpful addition to the discussion.
Ok so here is the results of my audition period with Cabledyne Silver reference Speaker Cables"
The Cabledyne speaker cables are beautifuly made. Somewhat thinner than I expected and very user friendly.
The SQ was detailed & clean on the hi end, more pronounced bass than I expected but NOT bloated. However the sound was forward, can be a bit too much.

My current cable is MIT MusicHose 750. It was not as clean and detailed but very close. Leaner in the bass but not thin sounding either. The biggie here is that the MIT sounded more relaxed, more condusive to longer listening sessions, lower fatigue.
In the end I returned the Cabledyne, only becuase it wasn't better than my current cable. If I had nothing to compare to I probably would have ended up keeping it. I really wanted it to make an improvement so my search continues but I am doubtful of finding anything.
JPS Ultraconductor speaker cables posses the qualities you seek and for pennies on the dollar. Smooth liquid huge bass and delicate highs without harshness and a nice wide and deep detailed soundstage. There was a pair on here for sale about a week ago for $135! I actually use the dual bi-wire version which my or my not sound the same but if they sound like mine then you might have found your holy grail for very little investment.

I run (8 ps audio noise harvesters in room and everything through a passive bybee TAD power conditioner) oppo 95> vtl deluxe tube pre> bel canto evo6> Magnepan 2.6r (original xovers but bypassing the binding post plate) using all JPS cabling including power cables. NO HARSHNESS AT ALL, ONLY CRYSTALLINE HIGHS, LIQUID MIDRANGE AND SUPER TIGHT POWERFULL BASS!

Everything is system dependent but in my system they sing!