Weiss DAC2 or W4S or PWD or Zodiac + or . . .

I'm currently using a Benchmark DAC1 USB fed from fanless, SSD equipped Windows box on a wired network. Playback software is *cringe* iTunes. Music is on a Netgear Ready NAS NV+ in aiff format (but will probably start re-ripping w/DBPoweramp). I'm also playing around with a Cullen Circuits modified Sonos feeding the Benchmark via S/PDIF. I'm using a Crimson 710 pre into Crimson 640E monobloc amps feeding Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor speakers although I may be upgrading those as well.

If I end up with the Weiss I'll probably get a Mac Mini and run something like Amarra. If I go with the PWD I'll try the Bridge. Otherwise I might stick with the PC and try JRiver or something.

So how around it? One of these or something else?
m3pilot
w4S-2 is not even near the performance of Antelope Zodiac+ or Weiss 202.
The last 2can play music the W4S-2 is mechanical and uninvolving.

And of course there are better dacs than Zodiac+ and 202
If I were you I would also have a lok at the Pink Faun DAC2 or DAC3 and BMC DAC1. The current BMC DAC doesn't have asynchronus USB the upcomming model will have it.
I have been reading lots of stuff about the Antelope but haven't seen anyone mention "issues" with them.The only complaint is the $5 wallwart power supply which is ridiculous on a $2700 dac.
I own the PS Audio PW DAC and Trans. I do not run a network set (aka Bridge option for the DAC). IT's a great, very natural sounding DAC with little in the way of harsh digital artifacts. It will handle all bit depth's, sampling frequencies. I have found whether playing 16/44.1 or 24/192, the unit sounds best playing in Native mode. By selecting that mode, you bypass the sample rate convertor. It does allow you to upsample source files if you want. Bridge still has some bugs like gapless play for Flac files. They are working on a fix. Do some reading in their forum where issues regarding bridge are being discussed. What I like most about PS Audio is their product support. Even the President of the company responds to inquiries in their forum located here.
http://www.psaudio.com/ps/forum/viewforum/6/

The Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC is another worthy of consideration.