1K dac

hi

actually I don't need an usb input as I will feed this dac with the coaxial out of a squeezebox touch.

I wouldn't mind going on a used one, even if it's really old.
the only thing that matters is the sound quality.

my budget covers everything under 1K$

I saw the ack dac 2.0, It doesn't seem to be very popular nowadays, but I found a lot of thread around 2005/2006, what do YOU think?

thanks for reading
corentin
customcoco
Srajan Ebaen thinks quite highly of the CEntrance DAC, higher resolution and detail retrival than the Burson DACs(but lacks the Burson`s density and body).

The Metrum lacks the feature set and flexibility of either but combines both very high resolution/clarity with superior tone saturation,scale and image density.
I finally pulled the trigger on the metrum octave with an audiophilleo1 spidf/usb converter, and I couldn't be happier;)

thanks guys.

Corentin
Customcoco: Have you had a chance to compare the optical out to DAC vs Audiophilleo usb/spidf converter to dac?
Hi devilboy,

Sorry for the late reply,

Sadly no, but if you're interested I'm in the market for another usb:spidf converter as I find the audiophilleo/octave A bit too aggressive for my taste.

I recently sold my squeezebox system and I only use my computer now.

If you want me to compare the octave to another dac or the audiophilleo to another converter just drop me a line at :
customcoco@bellair.net

thanks
Customcoco,

Did you get to try your Squeezebox (was it a Touch?) with the Octave? I have a Touch and I'm looking at getting an Octave to go with it, so would be very interested in your experience.

Thanks!