Audiogon "RECORDINGS TO DIE FOR" list

I've been listening to some of my favorite recordings this weekend and was wondering what others on Audiogon felt were there favorites. We have all seen the Stereophile "Records to Die For", The Absolute Sounds recommended list, Music Directs' list, The Golden Ear, etc. now I'm hoping to assemble the Audiogon "Recordings To Die For". Please list your five favorite recordings, the ones you listen to over and over or play for friends. I would assume the sonic quality is excellent in that this is an audiophile site. The performance and enjoy ability should also be excellent. Please leave your top five, even if they are already chosen so we can discover the very top for the Audiogon listeners. ALSO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CRITICIZING OTHERS OPINIONS AND JUST LEAVE YOUR FAVORITES!

August 2002: I have compiled a summary and a full printer-friendly list of all of the recommendations below.
click here to view summary
128x128jadem6
A few recordings to Live for:

John Coltrane "Crescent"
Miles Davis "Miles Smiles"
Billy Harper "Destiny Is Yours"
Jimi Hendrix "Axis Bold As Love"
Miles Davis "Big Fun"
Check out the Simply Vinyl Dire Straits LPs. Early SVs weren't so good, but these are wonderful.
Supertramp-Crime of the Century/Mobile Fidelity Labs Original Master Recording/Vinyl The Cars/Moblile Fidelity Sound Labs Origianl Master Recording/Vinyl Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon/Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs Original Master Recording/Vinyl
Stan Getz-Joao Gilberto/Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs Origianl Master Recording/Gold CD Pink Floyd-Wish You Were Here/Columbia Gold CD Queen-A Night At The Opera/Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs Original Master Recording/Gold CD There is my two cents worth Folks
Tony Falanga "Soul of the Bass"--interesting classical/jazz mix with outstanding soundstage--definately reference material.

Kieth Jarrett "Live at the Blue Note"--Best jazz trio recording I've ever heard--literally puts the performers and performance in your room and the music is phenomenal.

Ginger Baker "Coward of the County"--Great music with crystal clear and nicely layered recording

Mighty Sam McClain "Give it up to Love" XRCD and "Soul Survivor"--Possibly the most powerful and soulful voice you'll ever hear with excellent arrangements and recordings.

Ralph Towner/Gary Peacock "A Closer View" Guitar/Bass duo, with a good system the stand-up bass is in the room with you but will challenge the bass capabilities of your system.

Dean Peer "I think...it's all Good" Powerful, dynamic stuff and an unbelievable recording.

I know that's more than 5--sue me. These are all great performances, great music, and outstanding recordings. Have fun.

Tim
My favorites are open, "natural", close mic'd acoustic recordings with a strong blues root. If Anyone wants to add to this list it would be appreciated.

1) ACD-2 - Gerry Garcia & David Grisman - Dawg productions.
2) Mojo - Big Joe Maher, Jeff Sarli & Their New Band, Big Blues - WildChild / Mapleshade
3) Come To Find - Doug MacLeod & Charlie Musselwhite - Audioquest
4) Swordfishtrombones - Tom Waits - Island Records
5) Trouble No More - John Hammond - Virgin Records