DAC recomendations $1500-$3000

Looking to pick up a DAC, new or used that has balanced outs and can handle an SACD input among others. Been looking at the Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 (not sure if this will handle SACD) and PS Audio Perfect Wave. Thoughts?
chriswilford1
I did not want to create bad vibes and though it might have been an isolated incident, but in dealing with my (cancelled) PS Audio P10 order my MSS HiFi contact (I believe it was the owner) appeared to be a total jerk. Seems like I dodged a bullet!
Hey Chriswiford1,

Just wanted to correct an error I made on the pricing of the North Star Design DAC, its retail price is $3000.00 and demos can be gotten for around $1500.00. The more I listen to it it reminds very much of the very highly regarded Weiss 202 DAC which retails for $7737.00!
Just looked at a Simaudio Moon 300D. Sounded a tad edgy to me but it was running through a Moon solid state system as opposed to my warmer Audio Research Tube Pre and Pass amp combo.Any impressions?
I don't know about SACD, but I'm using the Calyx DAC which I find outstanding. Just USB and coax inputs though.

I borrowed the moon 300d prior to getting the Calyx. The best I can say about it is 'vanilla'. Exaggerated highs and an otherwise bland presentation. Maybe in another system???? - I'm using tubes.