Coax to Optical Converters Anygood?

I'm looking into purchasing a new dac that has USB and Optical input only. My transport is coaxial output only, and I'm not yet into computer audio.

Anyone have any experience using a Coax to Optical converter?

Brands?

Thanks,

Rodge
128x128rodge827
Ginov,

I found out about the Dual Core from US distributor Tim Ryan of Simplifi Audio. I had purchased a Dspeaker Antimode 8033s from him, and before the D/C came out he offered me one at a prerelease discount. The 8033s impressed me so much that I took the plunge on a D/C, and I'm very happy I did!

The Buffalo 32s Dac is a DIY kit from Twisted Pear Audio. I purchased mine from the original owner/builder about a year ago. The 32s was TPA's first dac board with the ESS Saber 9018 chip. They have since improved with the Buffalo 2 and now 3.

I have been listening to the Dual Core Dac more than the 32s, so as to get a better grasp of the sound quality it produces. The best that I can describe the differences is an apples to apples comparison. Both apples taste (sound) wonderful, but in the end only one will win me over. I'm leaning more and more towards the D/C dac with it's pure uncolored sound. Every dac I have had in the past "flavored" the sound a bit, the D/C dac is a whole new experience, and refreshing at that. :-)

Best,
Chris
Ginov,

I didn't get your pm.
Was it on Audio Circle? (rodge827)
email: rodge827 @ comcast . net (delete spaces)

Chris
Hi Chris. Original sent to your email address as above. Just resent it. Check your spam filter.