Helius tonearm

I am interested in learning of any person's with knowledge and/or experience of the Helius Orion tonearm. It looks an awful lot like the Audio Note ARM3 and am wondering if this is the case.

thanks,
Carl
c123666
Hi. I just bought the one that Britaudio was selling here on audiogon. Peter Q at audionote recommeded that it'd be a better match for my Voyd Valdi TT than the SME V I just installed this past weekend - gonna try it out, and hopefully save a cpl of thousand bucks. Guy Adams (of Voyd) worked closely with Geoffery Owen (of Helius) when he built the tables, and there are supposed to be a "perfect match". Anyway, from what I can gather, the ARM3 is probably an extension of the Helius designs. Here's what he sez about the AN-1S tonearm:

http://www.audioasylum.com/scripts/t.pl?f=vinyl&m=117453

Samir.
Samir,

Thanks for the info; I'd be interested in your findings on this unit once you've played with it a bit. What cartridge you using?

Carl
The cartridge (as well as the systems) are a work in progress. I had the Valdi/RB300 with a Monster SG2000II, and a Rega P3 with a Goldring Eroica. Then my maid broke the SG2000 needle by whacking it with a duster. So I bot a used Koetsu black off ebay, but it was too heavy for the Rb300. So I went looking for a Wilson Benesch tonearm to upgrade the Voyd, and ran into an SME V takeoff from a SME 30/2A, so I bought that, and just installed it. Finally tried the Koetsu, but it wont track, so its off for a rebuild. So, right now, I have an old but nice Vandenhul MC10 cartridge on it, which I *also* could not use with the Valdi/RB300 since the VTA was too low. The Koetsu and Monster are off to Expert Stylus Co for a rebuild. I'm trying to get used to the sound of the Vdh w/ SME, so when I get the Helius on, I'll be able to make sense of it. And THEN, I'll be trying that system against a Wilson Benesch TT. Will be keeping the winner. Learning about VTA and anti skating setup in the meantime. Pretty happy already tho - bass performance is SO much nicer than the RB300s.

Also in the process of upgrading the Rega Planet. Bot a Meridian 566.20 DAC, and also a NAIM CD5/Flatcap2. Will probably buy a Audionote CD system too. Try them all at home, keep one, then put the rest back on audiogon/ebay.

Sold the P3 and RB300 last week on ebay, along with a few spare cartridges..Did I mention the XLO and Kimber wires I've been buying?? My wife thinks I'm ignoring her and the kids, and is mad at me right now..