Equipment Set-up Recommendations?

Hi Folks:
I recently installed an air-bearing linear tracking tonearm (the MG-1). Table and cartridge are Teres 255 and ZYX Airy 3x-sb low output. Generally, I'm thrilled with the setup, but I find that when I walk around the room, the cartridge can jump, which is very disconcerting.

When I switch to the OL Silver arm I have, such jumping does not seem to occur, so I'm guessing the MG-1 is more sensitive. All my equipment is supported with the double rack, which may also be a variable to consider - I have my Teres on top - about 40 inches above the ground.

Anyway, I'd welcome any input or insight that migth provide me with a more stable, isolated listening environment where my cartridge won't jump (how bad is that for the cartridge anyway - should that be considered an emergency, or is it pretty common/not-a-big-deal? I've inquired about getting a Gingko platform, which may or may not help. Ideally, I'd like to keep the Teres on top of the rack, as it looks great, is highly accessible, and I don't want to take up more realestate with a seperate Teres stand, if I don't have to.

Anyway, any input and advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

John.
128x128outlier
TWL - yes my sota suspension bounced but the arm and platter all moves as one allowing the record to play without interruption.
Sean- that was not my experience. In fact the sound improved.
Gregadd: You solved the problem by avoiding the problem. That is, you purchased a real turntable with real engineering behind it. This is not to say that it is a perfect machine, but that it had taken far more steps in the right direction than many of the alternative designs on the market. Both back then and now.

As to weighting down the floor, the results would vary with how much weight was added. I guess that there would be some type of reasonable trade-off between reducing floor-borne vibrations and muddying up the presentation. I ran into this when changing racks and the only weight added was the rack itself. Given that i went from a rack that weighed less than 40 lbs to a rack that weighed in at appr 170 lbs, there was no way for me to experiment or fine tune exactly how much "mass loading" i should use. The end result was that once i got rid of the massive weight of the rack, the sound of the system came back to normal. Sean
>
Dear John: I'm wonder why you are walking when listening to your audio system.

Anyway, the MG-1 is not an Air Tangent and maybe your problem is a MG-1 problem. I can't be sure.

My advise: meet to a friend of you and test the MG-1 on his system and " see " what happen or try to get ( borrow ) another TT and test on your system.

Now, you have to take all those trouble only if the Mg-1 give you a better quality sound reproduction than your OL Silver.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
OZ"curiosity killed the cat" what problems come from mounting a turntable in the corner? IYHO of course.
(from the Wizard of Oz not the cable prison show, right?
Low frequencies tend to collect in corners. A turntable mounted directly in a corner is subjected to mucho airborne vibrations. Not, as you already know, a good thing for analog playback.

Oz