Need to re-discover analog - please help

Like the short-sighted, lazy, modern moron that I am, I threw away all my LPs and turntable when I got hooked on my first decent CDP, a Kinergetics Platinum KD-40, 15 years ago. Because it was easier to take care of CDs. Now, my mother who was a musician, and had a classical collection of about 200 really absolutely great recordings, collected from the 1940s til the 80s, has left me her collection. They just have to be preserved, played and savored. I need an analog set-up that will a) do them justice and b) not sound noticeably "worse" compared to the digital set-up I am now used to. My analog set-up that I discarded (I know, I know.........please dont rub it in, what's done is done.) was a Denon 103D and Sony PS-800 linear tracking TT and also a Kenwood marble platter with SME tone-arm and also Denon 103 D cartridge and circa 1980 PS Audio MC phono stage.
The present system, to which must now obligatorily be added a turntable: EMM DCC2/CDSD; Atma-Sphere Line-stage MP-1 MkII, Atma-Sphere MA 2.2 modified (27 tubes each); Kharma 3.2; Indra Stealth i/cs; PAD Dominus i/cs and S/Cs (Rev C & B).

I tried MM cartridges before - Dynavector,Ortofon,Shure V15 iv - but only liked the MC Denon 103D - so would prefer that MC "sound".

I have not kept up with the analog market, nor new equipment, and am totally ignorant about the components but would greatly appreciate input as to what TT, tone-arm, cartridge and phono preamp to get that would neither bankrupt me nor do the wonderful collection my mother left me a disservice, nor my ear that is now spoiled by the pretty "good" digital, ancillary set-up I have. Nor, obviously, sound "inferior" to the CDs:)

What sort of a budget am I looking at to keep the system within the overall quality of the associated equipment that I have, without going crazy, since i will still mostly be listening to CDs (unless i get totally hooked and go bonkers..........)?

I listen to classical 90% of the time and 95% of her collection is classical.

As always, I appreciate your advice.
springbok10
Add phonostage to MP-1 - that's exactly what Larry at Hollywood Sound said and didn't even want to debate the issue: synergy, less cables, no more searching. I was impressed that as far as he was concerned that was so obvious as to exclude any discussion. No-nonsense, upfront guy, Larry. I was speaking more of my innate reluctance to entrust any equipment to the vagaries of our national carriers - FedEx and UPS. I'll persuade Bax Global - they rarely mess up. Ok, one down, thanks, Rush. He (Larry) suggested Nottingham and Helicon (Lyra). Both he and another Vinyl Dealer thought I would be underwhelmed by the Scoutmaster. Origin Live with an Illustrious/Encounter tonearms the other suggestion.
Comments?
Another shipping option might be Adcom Worldwide, regularly used by Atma-Sphere.

I'll stand by my VPI Scoutmaster suggestion for anywhere near the same investment. For resolution of complex orchestral music, it does a very good job.
Springbok10 -- I'm glad someone else suggested a Helicon, and I suggest you compare it to the only other (current) cartridge that can match it technologically, the Transfiguration Temper W. In fact you can read an excellent review of those two plus the Audio Techne in the June 2003 Stereophile.

I think adding a phonostage to the MP-1 is a terrific idea, however, can it be a high gain MC phonostage, or will you need a step-up transformer as well?
Both he and another Vinyl Dealer thought I would be underwhelmed by the Scoutmaster.

Well, he's obviously not a VPI dealer !!
$2800 - Teres 255, unfinished rosewood
$2150 - Schroder II, carbon fiber armwand
$1500 - ZYX cartridge
_____
$6450 Total turntable excluding shipping. Remaining funds hopefully will pay for the installation of your phono stage.

Okay, here's the beauty of this setup. You will be required to finish sand the plinth on the turntable/armboard and apply lacquer or polyurethane (whatever) for a lasting finish. Then you will need to assemble the bearing, mount the arm and cartridge. At this point you will be an expert on your table and fully understand its needs. There is an upgrade path which you can do in steps and if you wish to get a better Teres at a later date you place your order for the new one, and then sell the 255 for close to what you have paid for it.

I simply put in a figure where you can buy one of many ZYX cartridges depending upon how robust your phono stage will be. With the wait you will have to receive your Teres you can contact Mehran and discuss the phono section of the MP-1. A demo or very low mile nicer ZYX with warranty may become available to you. Make the wait work in your favor.

The remainder of the funds hopefully will cover the cost of installing the phono stage in your MP-1. This combination will far exceed the performance of your Meitner front end, DEPENDING ON THE SOFTWARE. I'd like to emphasize that with this combination of analog and digital you can now concentrate on buying the best software regardless of format. Again, I love the EMM Labs stuff.

This is essentially what I was trying to do for you in my first post. It makes little sense to buy less because of the quality components you have become acustomed to. This combination will enhance your already wonderful system and you will have no compelling reason to upgrade, except for perhaps a battery power supply.