The Schroeder has arrived

My Schroeder Reference arrived over the holiday weekend. It has been a long wait but looks to be well worth it. The fit and finish on this tonearm is a work of art. The adjustments are actually very simple compared to many arms. Most adjustments are just a slight turn of a set screw. The arm sounds incredible. I have heard others say effortless. That seems pretty good to me as words really cannot describe how good this sounds in my system. I am still in the process of fine tuning and the wire is still breaking in so I guess it will probably sound even better. I am using a Shelter 901 on it and that seems to match up well. BTW, if anyone is looking to buy a Schroeder I would strongly suggest working with Thom at Galibier Design. He kept in contact with me throughout the lengthy waiting period and was excellent with the delivery and setup. I would though be interested to hear from any others that may have this tonearm and their thoughts on some of the cartridges that are a good match.
128x128dmailer
Considering the panoply of equipment you are using I would be more concerned about the MC step-up to (proposed) cartridge matching.
Hi Jhendrixfan,

I'm not sure who's "panoply of equipment" you're referencing. If it's Dmailer's, his signal path is quite straight-forward and neutral. You can view it here:

http://www.galibierdesign.com/systems_larry_keatts.html

Yes, there are better MC step-ups out there, and Dave Slagle's (Intact Audio) is one of them. One thing at a time ...

Maybe you're referring to someone else's panoply?

Cheers,
Thom @ Galibier
I stepped in some panoply once. Couldn't get the stuff of with turpentine! Just had to wait until it wore off.
Hey Guys......I posted to this thread back in June '05

& put in my order for a Schroder 2 arm back in aug. '05
I JUST recieved it about a week ago (Nov '06)
over a year wait.

I am going to build a cocobolo armboard & use a Teres VTA
adjuster with it since it does not have adjustable VTA like the Schroder Referance has.

The plinth is 2" acrylic. I am not sure if I should glue
the armboard to cut down on resonance or just screw it down
with some brass screws.

Cartridge is a music maker III

this Arm is obviously less expensive & has less adjustments
as the Reference arm, But it is very simple & elegant looking & I expect to be delighted at it's sound when I get
it up & running!