Perry buys Talon Khorus

New review at stereotimes.com, Clement Perry trades his VR6s for Khorus in his reference system, says is best he has heard, "near perfect", SOTA. Long detailed review, just for good measure includes Talon "Roc" subwoofer in system. This is follow-up to previous Talon thread, comments from owners or general obsevations .......
128x128megasam
Hey Bozo: My hotmail account is just as bogus as yours. A nice way to hide your identity, eh? Where do you get off stating this false and slanderous crap. You don't even know the speaker. On another post you refer to the midrange driver as being poor--HA, it ain't a midrange you idiot, that's a dome tweeter with a passive super tweeter above. Tell us who the other manufacturer is? I'd really like to know.
Hey Krusty.. so I called the dome tweeter a mid.. so what. Deny it uses a cheap guitar wooofer? Deny that Perry now works for Talon. You don't have a leg to stand on. What I said is true. Live with it. If you want to waste your money on a lesser product, go ahead. Like I said before, there is better out there for much less. A LOT BETTER. Fred
Fred, Clement Perry works for Stereo Times and by no means is an employee of Talon. The review pair was requested by Perry due to consumer comments. Everything during and after the review process has been above board and fair. Talon has not made any job offers to Clement, nor do we plan on any devious marketing attempt to pad our reviews. Even when we received a review copy an asked for comments the only change we made was for the correct terminology in the finish. There were several aspects that we would have liked differently, but we do not want to take away from Clement's analysis. The review is Clement's personal enthusiasm for the Khorus'. He mentioned that he was very nervous to write how he feels due to the criticism for his honesty. He did what most writers are fearful of doing, telling it how they see it foregoing the political repercussions. We at Talon have worked for many years to deliver a product with real technology that will satisfy the complicated demands of music and movies, being honest to the recorded material. Your naive comments towards our technology displays your lack of enthusiasm for progressive movement is speaker technology. The medium for loudspeaker design is over 20 years old with technology aiming towards component parts and cabinet. You might scoff at our 10" woofer with its accordian surround. Truthfully, we could not use any other woofer to deliver the demands of what we are requiring. The accordian surrond is stiff which creates the proper impedance path for removing standing waves. It also allows a 3/4" peak to peak excursion. We source the dust cap for its physical properties and ability to work with a woofer driver. Basically, using another driver(titanium, kevlar, carbon fiber) would compromise the sound, resulting is a lossy sound with unrecoverable phase shift peaks. Others will review and give you their opinions as to our technology, so instead of trying to slander Clement and accuse Talon of devious practices, maybe you should wait to see what others say. Or maybe you should even spend some time and listen for yourself. We offer this technology for those searching better more defineable sound. There are those that are not captured by the sound of our speakers and others that are engulfed. The great thing about audio is that we are free to make our own decisions. So let the cutomers decide with their own ears without the slanderous remarks.
I was wrong about my comments concerning Mr. Clemments. He does not work for Talon. I apologize for passing along my third hand information. Fred
Fred, The Khorus does not use a cheap guitar speaker (there I said, it you moron). It's a custom made driver with the magnet structure of very large, long throw woofer and a dust cap that is designed to radiate like a midrange driver. It is custom, not your stupid eminance driver. You were obviously wrong about Clement Perry and yoiur wrong about this too. I'm still waiting for you to enlighten us all with the name of the manufacturer who "rated them poorly." And one other thing. If you frequent audioasylum so often, how come there is not a single post in their archives with your email name of Fred_lane? Hmmmmm?.... because you aren't the mythical Fred_lane! You're someone else(probably another manufacturer) shilling under this name. You're a little too transparent buddy boy.